New iPhone App - iScubaPlan - [pics] + [video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

b.

I wish it allowed for multilevel dive planning taking into consideration NDLs and gas management.
So that way I could plan a dive to 60' until some set time limit or turn pressure is reached (halfs, thirds, rock bottom, whatever). Turn and ascend to 40' until NDL or gas limit, then another ascent or finally safety stop.

Steve

I wish it allowed for multilevel dive planning taking into consideration NDLs and gas management.
So that way I could plan a dive to 60' until some set time limit or turn pressure is reached (halfs, thirds, rock bottom, whatever). Turn and ascend to 40' until NDL or gas limit, then another ascent or finally safety stop.

Steve

Use iDeco for that :wink:

There isn't a table-based approach for doing multi-level dives... at least not one I know of.

Can you suggest how you would approach that using NDL tables?

b.

Its probably not that simple, but I would think you can do multi-level dives by having a SI of 0 (zero). Not sure about pressure since that would require SAC and neither of those factor into the equation when using tables. Assuming that does hold true, the you can do multi-level diving with your app as it sits today.

Use iDeco for that :wink:

There isn't a table-based approach for doing multi-level dives... at least not one I know of.

Can you suggest how you would approach that using NDL tables?

b.

Ahh, I don't know how I missed the "Enable Multilevel" setting in iDeco. That does exactly what I want. Thanks.

But to answer your question, I don't think a table based approach would be appropriate for the multilevel dive planning I was thinking about.

I envisioned a simplified recreational-only version of iDeco. Similar to planning a dive using a dive computer in sim mode, but on a device that has a much more usable interface (iPhone). I don't mind the technical aspects in iDeco so I'll probably just stick with that.

Its probably not that simple, but I would think you can do multi-level dives by having a SI of 0 (zero). Not sure about pressure since that would require SAC and neither of those factor into the equation when using tables. Assuming that does hold true, the you can do multi-level diving with your app as it sits today.

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if you're taking into account that the resulting surface pressure group after a dive assumes an ascent to the surface. This ascent means lower pressure forcing off-gassing to occur quicker. Staying at depth after a leg would actually put you with more gas in your tissues, and that would probably represent a different pressure group.

b.

Looks like a great app. I plan on getting the palm pre when it comes out next month, any plans to develop for that device?
You can apply for access to develop for it at developer.palm.com

Looks nice,

Does it support Metric units?

Regards
Richard

Great App...

Used it this week to help my daughter lern to use her eRDP ml (what a joke).

She followed her instructions and I did the same "problem" with my tables & iScuba Plan to compare results.

2 suggestions.

For the Surface Interval, could you add a numeric display to the bottom frame (where "Group After SI #" is) Left justified. Unless your SI is spot on a 15 minute marker is is guesswork and sometimes a couple of minutes makes a difference.

Second, it would be nice if tapping the "Air" Frame would auto toggle your mix setting between Air and say the top 2 or 3 EAN Settings. Heck if you added a settings feature to allow us to set our 3 favorite EAN mixes for this that would be enve better.

Definately worth the 8 bucks...

Brock, I just tried to load iScuba onto my Touch (first gen) and I got the message it could not be loaded because "it is not compatible with this iPod." I'm using version 2.2.1. Now what?

Brock, I just tried to load iScuba onto my Touch (first gen) and I got the message it could not be loaded because "it is not compatible with this iPod." I'm using version 2.2.1. Now what?

That's odd - It should be avilable for any iPhone or iPod touch. That's even how it's listed on the store. I'll check into it.

b.

Back
Top Bottom