New App to export dive data from the Apple Watch Ultra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on getting the app up on the store! That is really cool!

Ooo can we help name it?!?! :p

LogAlong
DiveScope
Readalogr

Those were just off the top of my head. I didn’t check if any were in use

LOL. My daughter just told me "Your App name is succinct and very descriptive of the functionality and would probably appeal to the type of people that are looking for that functionality." That is the most subtle, back-handed compliment I think I have ever heard.

I downloaded your app, but it wants me to log in to Oceanic+ with a username and password. However, I "Sign in with Apple", so I don't have a username and password for Oceanic+.

How do I use your app?

View attachment 775029
I can help you migrate your dives over to an email/password account. Please file a support case and I give you access.

1) The Apple Watch appears to be recording underwater depth and water temperature data whenever it is submerged, whether there is a dive application running or not.
2) It is storing those depth and temperature samples in the Apple HealthKit data store independent of whatever dive computer or gauge application is running.
3) It syncs that data with the paired Apple phone's HealthKit data store automatically.

For shiggles, I wore my Apple Watch Ultra under my drysuit undergarment on my dive this evening. Despite having the "auto-launch when submerged" feature turned off so no dive computer or bottom timer application was running, the AWU stored depth and water temperature data in HealthKit for the dive (of course the water temperature recorded was much warmer than the 46°F Puget Sound water temperature since it was dry and insulated inside my drysuit.)

The depth profile was a little off from my Shearwater Perdix I was wearing outside the drysuit (as normal), so the pressure may not have recorded 100% accurately since it was air pressure rather the water pressure. I think, though, that this proves definitively that the HealthKit measurements (including the 44m depth limit) are independent of the dive computer application running.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom