New iPhone App - iScubaPlan - [pics] + [video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off: This app is REALLY COOL!!!

I do have questions. I went through my dive log and wanted to check my stuff, so I dialed in the values, and got some unexpected results. Now I'll admit I may not have done them right the first time, so I pulled out the charts again, and rechecked with the charts. I got the same thing I have in my log, so I have to wonder... What charts is the app based on? How did I go from being a G diver from the first dive, take a 1:27 hour SI and become a B???

So while it is really cool, it may not be a conservative as my tables.(SSI)

I did check the Nitrox as well, while it still has the table math, the pO2 and adjusted Air depth are spot on.

I just plugged in My Dive values from Blue Grotto Max Dept 94 Feet, dive duration:23 minutes, EAN:32%
got M for the residual group, Ok I can accept that... then planned another dive, with a 1:30 SI
and I went to a B diver...

SSI Tables don't have an M group... but that does not mean it might not exist...

From my tables I figured my Dive was an F and the after SI group would be a D.

Just trying to figur out the Residual group calculations. I was curious when the app and tables were so different.

Thanks
Joseph

First off: This app is REALLY COOL!!!

I do have questions. I went through my dive log and wanted to check my stuff, so I dialed in the values, and got some unexpected results. Now I'll admit I may not have done them right the first time, so I pulled out the charts again, and rechecked with the charts. I got the same thing I have in my log, so I have to wonder... What charts is the app based on? How did I go from being a G diver from the first dive, take a 1:27 hour SI and become a B???

So while it is really cool, it may not be a conservative as my tables.(SSI)

I did check the Nitrox as well, while it still has the table math, the pO2 and adjusted Air depth are spot on.

I just plugged in My Dive values from Blue Grotto Max Dept 94 Feet, dive duration:23 minutes, EAN:32%
got M for the residual group, Ok I can accept that... then planned another dive, with a 1:30 SI
and I went to a B diver...

SSI Tables don't have an M group... but that does not mean it might not exist...

From my tables I figured my Dive was an F and the after SI group would be a D.

Just trying to figur out the Residual group calculations. I was curious when the app and tables were so different.

Thanks
Joseph

Joseph,
Trying to compare the PADI RDP tables to the SSI tables won't work. You will always get different result and pressure groups. You cannot and should not ever mix the tables.

iScuba Plan has been specifically designed with the RDP data. This means it will result in the same thing as the RDP (PADI) tables.

b.

Brock,

Thanks for your efforts on iDeco and the new Scubaplan. Very happy to have them on my phone.

I've only just downloaded the app and would like to add a couple of suggestions to the growing list!

First, I was going to say please add consumed gas, but I now see that's coming! Great!

Second, I would put forward my vote for a Metric version which doesn't first convert to imperial and then do the table check. It may only be a small difference, but a small difference can make all the difference!

Third, is there anything that can be done about the side to side movement of the screen? Unless there's some yet unidentified reason for it, I find that when trying to rotate the dials I sometimes just move the screen to the left or the right instead...

I'm off for the three day dive trip this coming weekend so will be trying it out and comparing it to my tables.... I'm training to be a DM now so will be marking all dives against the DRP, the Wheel and the eDRP, and now also my iPhone! Of course there will be differences, but will be interesting to see!!

Thanks again.

Just hit your site to check out the video, and they all seem to be down.

IPhone is coming as soon as my current plan expires (3 months), and this will probably be a first download.... :)

Just hit your site to check out the video, and they all seem to be down.

IPhone is coming as soon as my current plan expires (3 months), and this will probably be a first download.... :)

That's odd. I see others hits that came in around the time of your post, and I just checked everything and all is good.

Could you check again and let me know via PM?

Any plans on making this all use the SSI tables? while I know the others my son is cert with SSI and converting them is not quick.

Hey man, I read all the rave about your app. I'd like to have the opportunity to use it myself. The question has already been posted before, so here it goes again. When will it be available for blackberry?

FYI-
I have the 8350i<hint>

Any plans on offering rounding options for nitrox as mentioned earlier? I think this could safely be done by using the 10' table rounding method as a default and the option to select 5' or exact-calculation methods in the settings.

Any plans on offering rounding options for nitrox as mentioned earlier? I think this could safely be done by using the 10' table rounding method as a default and the option to select 5' or exact-calculation methods in the settings.

The real problem is that the EAN tables are copyrighted by PADI / DSAT. PADI used some conservatism and rounding rules not included with the original DSAT test data. Because of that, no-one (that I am aware of) can use the tables of the data directly, or in a derivative work.

The only reason iScuba Plan can do what it can is because of the published, public domain test data from DSAT (the core of the PADI RDP).

I have officially approached PADI about adding PADI specific tables to iScuba Plan, but they are not interested. It seems they think their solution is "better".

b.

Back
Top Bottom