New Inspiration scrubber.HUD & integrated controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
The humidity would not really be a problem, since its nearly constant (assuming the solenoid is not firing) - its close to 100% all the time!

Its VARYING humidity that screws things up.

Absorbtion methods have, until now, been problematic due to power consumption and the spectral requirements to make it work. It will be interesting to see how he has solved those problems, as they're critical for this kind of application.

The reason the O2 sensors work so well in a CCR is that they're self-powered - you need only sense a voltage, not drive some active device. As such the power consumption is very modest, as the largest drain is the O2 solenoid.

Measuring absorbtion is definate accurate but power hungry.. I have seen mass spec trace verses a co2 anaylzer that has been designed for RBs that will be comming to market in the future (tracks extremely close)..its not by tom rose... the patents were filed in europe a while ago and will be marketed once everything is in order.. Until tom publishes (I have done some patent pending searches and have yet to come up with his claim) we will have to see how close its to the system I know about.. who knows we may have dueling patents...

The system I know about has been in development for several years with lots of worse case and duration testing.. The last year has been documening everything..

Joe,

I understand you are going to be coming out to L.A.....where the debris meets the sea......to hookup with Rusty in Montclair and do some tech training.......I will have to tag along since our timing was off at DEMA.....bring that Infinito thing if you ever get it! lol

DrySuitDave once bubbled...
Joe,

I understand you are going to be coming out to L.A.....where the debris meets the sea......to hookup with Rusty in Montclair and do some tech training.......I will have to tag along since our timing was off at DEMA.....bring that Infinito thing if you ever get it! lol

Yes,

I will be running a Tech Rebreather class for Rusty (and a few other students) in February, and later in the Year a Trimix CCR.

I've send two e-mails to Cliff and Mike, one two weeks ago and the first one a few days earlier. Asking the same questions posted above. Never got a reply from either one. Are these guys still in business? If they don't know at least they could say that much. :mad:
Not that I particulary care anymore ... .

So does that mean you're going to be in the class with us? If so...ya better get some more dives in soon!
DrySuitDave:
Joe,

I think I need to first learn my overly complex computer first and get my mask/guage reader issues resolved first or I am not going to be able to operate my complex computer for deco stuff, let alone see it....

I do plan on getting some more diving done once I finish up a job in a couple of weeks......

Hey Joe, any chance of you coming out to the Pacific Northwest sometime soon? There is a steak dinner in it for ya.
In other news, i know joe knows cause he has joined, there is a new discussion group on line at yahoogroups based on CCR KISS rebreathers, it appears to be quickly evolving into a catch all group. All RB divers/interested parties are invited to join.
There is a link to join at the top of my web page www.tmishop.com, or go right to yahoo groups and look for Kiss_CCR. dive safe

hey Ron,

What are those dates for the Nautilus trip(I cant seem to find where I put them).. Leon asked me to come to the factory then drive up with him.. I'd love to do the trip if I can get the time off from work.. I have a bunch of things in the hopper...

I have not heard anything about the scrubber increasing in size, and the computer is only nitrox not trimix capable I also haven't heard anybody talking about how much this upgrade is going to cost all in all it seems to me Martin is rushing out the gate trying to get ahead of Kevin Jeurgensen with his Hammerhead, DSDave if you're looking to drop some money into an upgrade you should take a serious look ay the HH. As far as the CO2 "monitoring" if you pack your scrubber properly and don't push the envelope you don't need it. just my thoughts...

Chris

deepbluetech:
I have not heard anything about the scrubber increasing in size, and the computer is only nitrox not trimix capable I also haven't heard anybody talking about how much this upgrade is going to cost all in all it seems to me Martin is rushing out the gate trying to get ahead of Kevin Jeurgensen with his Hammerhead, DSDave if you're looking to drop some money into an upgrade you should take a serious look ay the HH. As far as the CO2 "monitoring" if you pack your scrubber properly and don't push the envelope you don't need it. just my thoughts...

Chris

Chris,

I actually don't like the idea of crap dangling all over my wrists, so the dual Hammerhead wrist controllers are not my cup of tea although I will guess one wrist unit can be tethered to the front. I am not even enthused about having even a single wrist controller/computer but I will have to get used to it. I liked the dual controllers dangling in front of me clipped together and out of the way and off me, although I will guess a wrist unit makes for quicker P02 monitoring and it is convenient to have NDL or deco info on the same screen. I also like the fact that realtime P02 comes off the existing 02 sensors, not a 4th one with all the associated separate calibration issues.

At about $85 a bucket for 8-12 mesh, the stuff is not cheap. The C02 production levels to determine the scrubber duration were levels much higher then normally produced. I have heard of many guys getting 5-6 hours, although overcaution is better then saving money so I will not go there. I think most people are doing 4 hours regularly and nobody is publically admitting it. It is like 'roids in the gym, everyone denies it and everyone juices. I like the idea of an axial thermistor if that has been determined to be a reliable C02 indicator, plus if we weren't into tech equipment, now we wouldn't have CCR's in the first place, lol. Besides even the Cis-Lunar Mk5P didn't have this feature. :wink:

I like the idea of AP doing the new scrubber, controller and head. I hear really good things about J.M., but I KNOW AP tests the ever loving crap out of their stuff for CE certification.

I think it was brilliant that the Hammerhead uses convex lens covers to magnify the display. In the Evolution controller, it seems to appear to also have a convex lens cover but can't tell for sure. Too bad it doesn't have a dil cylinder pressure transducer somewhere as my Cochran Intelliwrist unit with a tank unit allows me to remove the dil analog guage and go with the digital readout of dill pressure on the wrist unit.

I do think the JM guys are doing an awesome job of innovating.

Back
Top Bottom