Nautilus LifeLine nexGen available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good for you!

My brother just got his OWC. I could have handed the MRG down to him.
I agree with you. Even without free shipping, better to keep the older one. But the $199 offer is pretty damn good!

Just curious as to how you are able to use your Lifeline on inland waters to signal emergency services?
To be perfectly honest this is an absolute assumption on my part as I've never been able to find documented confirmation of frequencies monitored.

With numerous and large lakes the two provinces I dive in (Manitoba and Ontario) have water based Search and Rescue Services attached to official Fire and Ambulance services altough Coast Guard services are too far away here.

I have always presumed that international standard emergancy frequencies are being monitored.

Thank you for asking though... I'm going to ask some friends on local S&R, police and fire department services to ask.

To be perfectly honest this is an absolute assumption on my part as I've never been able to find documented confirmation of frequencies monitored.

With numerous and large lakes the two provinces I dive in (Manitoba and Ontario) have water based Search and Rescue Services attached to official Fire and Ambulance services altough Coast Guard services are too far away here.

I have always presumed that international standard emergancy frequencies are being monitored.

Thank you for asking though... I'm going to ask some friends on local S&R, police and fire department services to ask.

If the lakes are big enough for boats equipped with DSC / AIS technology on VHF radios then they will receive your MOB signal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom