Nautilus LifeLine nexGen available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 to the question above. As unsure how Nautilus would work in a less developed location...
The implication of this question is that the NLL depends on a developed Search and Rescue infrastructure.
It does NOT. It depends on being able to talk to your boat. If your boat has a relatively modern VHF radio on board, it will hear the NLL call if close enough. So, a liveaboard probably is fine. A small 6-passenger day boat, maybe not.

Please find our latest video that will answer most of your questions about the Nautilus LifeLine.

It's good to see Mike. Please tell him hello from an old, old friend.

@Nautilus Explorer
I thought I had an older gen.2 device and this new one is the latest gen.3 device. But the tiny printed manual mentioned DSC and I dont see a previous model on the website that looks similar. So what do I have? I got this a few years back… Is this the same next gen device?

IMG_8048.jpeg
IMG_8049.jpeg

—deleted—

Same as in a more developed nation. Radios are universal. Most boats have radios.
The implication of this question is that the NLL depends on a developed Search and Rescue infrastructure.
It does NOT. It depends on being able to talk to your boat. If your boat has a relatively modern VHF radio on board, it will hear the NLL call if close enough. So, a liveaboard probably is fine. A small 6-passenger day boat, maybe not.

Certainly if we are talking liveaboards and things of this size, but not necessarily if you are diving off a small dinghy in the middle of nowhere, where the only other boats are of a similar kind and a radio is simply not a thing.
And again, this is not a criticism of Nautilus, which is a great device, merely a question if there are any plans for a full blown diver friendly PLB one day, something that does not exist on the market now, as that could possibly be a "shut up and take my money" kind of a device :wink:

What does this mean?

1722348010796.jpeg

Now for non-Futurama folks:

"The phrase is often used on web forums and image boards to express a desire to obtain a certain product or invention or to show approval for a proposed idea"

FYI - This topic has been discussed to death in an older thread :
Four European divers missing - Mersing, Malaysia

Many insightful comments there … all said having the AIS lifeline is better than having nothing and running out of hope… especially in those situations when hope is all that keeps you alive - it can buy you the time for miracles to eventually happen…

In my country AIS is mandatory for all fishing boats due to the security threat perception. But I rarely dive in my own country LOL.

Come on folks, I know its Scubaboard hence a topic not descending into a flame war is something out of a ordinary but just to be clear:
I am not against the the NexGen device at all, in fact even thinking about getting this in Euroland (though do wish the 199 promo applied here too xD). Even checked a few shops already but so far no NexGen yet, only the older model.
I am also not interested in starting yet another discussion about AIS vs PLB or whatever.

All I am asking is if Nautilus would ever consider making a diver friendly PLB, as such device currently does not exist on the market.
Yes, No, Maybe.

All I am asking is if Nautilus would ever consider making a diver friendly PLB, as such device currently does not exist on the market.
Yes, No, Maybe.
FYI.......I asked this exact question in Post No. 17 of this thread and Nautilus answered it in Post No. 19.

Back
Top Bottom