For Sale Nautilus Lifeline Rescue Radio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question to the integrity police: If you had a million dollar winning lottery ticket, and before you knew that they were the winning numbers you verbally told someone you'd give it to them for free because you don't believe in the lottery, would you still give it away for free? Be honest don't go for karma points.

Tell yourself whatever you need to to make yourself feel better. If the facts are as stated, which they appear to be, it's a pretty lousy thing to do.

You love hypotheticals, don't you? A better analogy would be if the other person accepted your offer, and then you found out it was a win
Maybe I am misunderstanding this platform. Is this a first come, first serve environment? First person to respond to a seller automatically gets the product? Or does the seller have a choice in the matter? No agreement was made anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and that should be the 'norm' for all other sellers moving forward.

Question to the integrity police: If you had a million dollar winning lottery ticket, and before you knew that they were the winning numbers you verbally told someone you'd give it to them for free because you don't believe in the lottery, would you still give it away for free?
Stupid example, makes no sense, not the same situation. Also, if your item sells on eBay and you refuse to ship then there is a penalty because it’s a violation of their policy.

Maybe I am misunderstanding this platform. Is this a first come, first serve environment?
This is a platform where people offer stuff for sale and then live up to their offer.

How long are you going to keep trying to justify your error instead of just saying "I screwed up, used bad judgment and I’m sorry"? Then stop replying.

Did the seller tell the prospective buyer SOLD? Was a deal made? Otherwise I see no problem with the seller changing his mind.
Thank you for stepping in scrane. No there was no deal made, did not say SOLD, nothing. I made a post with the wrong information and someone made an offer within a few minutes. I apologized to the person who made the offer and tried to correct my mistake. I have sold many items on here, craigslist and ebay and have made many people happy.

Did the seller tell the prospective buyer SOLD? Was a deal made? Otherwise I see no problem with the seller changing his mind.
You are absolutely right, he dud not say Sold. What he said was, "I want more money for it." Is there a SB requirement to say Sold?

$4 is a little different than $100. Again I'm sorry you saw the post and I had to redact it. By the way this is not a unique situation and was not personal in any way. This is a standard feature on all selling sites including eBay. This little radio which has protected my life and I hope it will find a new home soon, via this platform or another.

Firstly, you're absolutely wrong about eBay. If somebody hits buy it now on ebay, you can't then say, nevermind, you bought it too quick, I want more money now.
Yes, a deal was made the moment I said I'd take it. An item was posted for sale with a stated price. I then completed the deal by saying I would buy it for the full asking price. Deal made, deal done, deal backed out of by seller then reposted for 3x the price. Lame.

Firstly, you're absolutely wrong about eBay. If somebody hits buy it now on ebay, you can't then say, nevermind, you bought it too quick, I want more money now.

Yes, a deal was made the moment I said I'd take it. An item was posted for sale with a stated price. I then completed the deal by saying I would buy it for the full asking price. Deal made, deal done, deal backed out of by seller then reposted for 3x the price. Lame.
1. You can always back out while the listing is active. There is a small percent charge.
2. A deal is not made until the seller chooses which buyer to sell to and communicates that decision to the buyer.

Posting an item for sale and then backing out on the sale when someone agrees to buy it for the price you listed is smarmy, disingenuous and lacks integrity. Next time ... proof read your listing before you hit post. This was a mistake the seller made and their solution was to say sorry ... not sorry ... I now won't sell it for that. That's low.

Really? The poster acknowledged he made an error! We all make mistakes, give him a break...LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom