Naked Dive for the 100th dive? Really?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the interest of not totally derailing another thread, I have broken away with this question:

I have heard that the hundredth dive is traditionally done naked, but really, has anyone here really done that?

Don't people get arrested for things like that? With photographic evidence forever following them on a google search?
I've seen it done in Roatan.

Arrested? Why?

I've seen it done in Roatan.

I'll second that.

What most folks don't understand and realize is that Naked Dive 100 is just 1/10th of the required training dives working up to Nekkid Dive 1,000

As my Texas GF once said, naked is when you aren't wearing any clothes... Nekkid is where you're "up to something"

I've snorkled naked, never diving, but my 100th will be naked in Jamaica, I guarantee that.

....and I'm surprised that PADI hasn't come up with a cert card, to sell us, for doing it!!!

....and I'm surprised that PADI hasn't come up with a cert card, to sell us, for doing it!!!

With important educational information like choosing sunscreen that doesn't wash off, and not damaging the reef with "danglies."

Yes, I've seen it several times in Jamaica. 85F water makes it easier. I was lucky enough to follow a pretty young lady who decided to go natural. I volunteered to be the trailing diver for the inexperienced group. Her frog kick was quite interesting!

I did mine, just before my DM theory exams... and my buddies who went through the DM course with me promised to do theirs at a later date because we had an evaluation soon..... they haven't done it yet.

BTW I did it in 18 degrees (Celsius) which is cold from where I am!

Back
Top Bottom