New here, but approaching 100th, and it's almost my bday... should I go in my bday gear?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the same question, because the 'hard core' divers all tell me at 100 dives, you dive naked. Personaly, at 60 years old, I fee like, except for my wife (and MAYBE HER TOO!) no one needs to see me naked, so i made an executive decision ot keep myself covered for my 100th dive.

I would say this; if you are 19, studly, and diving with a smilar demographic, , maybr naked is okay; otherwise, please make full use of the available neoprene.

Snipe are real. It's just hard to catch them at night with a bag in the bushes.

Snipes in their natural habitat:
Mesothelioma_Engine_Room_Navy.jpg

This

This might belong in a different thread but I sometimes think my DSMB is too big. It's definitely wider and longer than what the DMs I dive with deploy. But then again, I don't have it dangling off my BC, I secure it in a pocket and it's no hassle there.
If you attach a lift bag on each side it may help to keep it erect.

Happy birthday and happy hundredth! I hope you did it despite all the nay sayers!

Found this thread yesterday on my birthday, trying to determine just how apprehensive I should be attempting this in Atlantic Canada in September. The water has been "toasty" (for us) late into the season this year, and a hurricane is coming up the coast, so the temp "only" got down to 19C / 66F. I'm fine. My body parts are all fine. I did start to get a little chilly at the 10 minute mark, but stayed under for 21 minutes to make it an official dive. I picked a spot that's very local to me, where I could discretely slip off a dress before slipping in the water. Even saw a small tropical looking fish!

No orifices were violated, as far as I can tell, and the tank sat nicely between the cheeks for some added modesty. I will say the lobsters seemed a little more interested in me than usual. It was so fun, I might just do it again when the waters get 'warm' again next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_214700_447.jpg
    IMG_20220922_214700_447.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63
Happy birthday and happy hundredth! I hope you did it despite all the nay sayers!

Found this thread yesterday on my birthday, trying to determine just how apprehensive I should be attempting this in Atlantic Canada in September. The water has been "toasty" (for us) late into the season this year, and a hurricane is coming up the coast, so the temp "only" got down to 19C / 66F. I'm fine. My body parts are all fine. I did start to get a little chilly at the 10 minute mark, but stayed under for 21 minutes to make it an official dive. I picked a spot that's very local to me, where I could discretely slip off a dress before slipping in the water. Even saw a small tropical looking fish!

No orifices were violated, as far as I can tell, and the tank sat nicely between the cheeks for some added modesty. I will say the lobsters seemed a little more interested in me than usual. It was so fun, I might just do it again when the waters get 'warm' again next year.
Is there a feminine version of shrinkage?

So in other words, you’re a pasty white boy? 🤣😂
Isn't that an unacceptable slur toward ethnic caucasians (white boys)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom