New here, but approaching 100th, and it's almost my bday... should I go in my bday gear?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This
If certain populations can get a cell phone in there you can get an SMB. Just get a smaller SMB for emergency use and have your GF launch the DSMB.
This might belong in a different thread but I sometimes think my DSMB is too big. It's definitely wider and longer than what the DMs I dive with deploy. But then again, I don't have it dangling off my BC, I secure it in a pocket and it's no hassle there.

Yeah of course, hence why i mentioned in the original post that i want to be respectful of others. I dive with my 13 year old nephew and wouldn't want to subject him to that, so I'm sorta looking for an adults only place. There's a reason the nephew isn't invited on this trip! 😆
When I used to skydive, there was a similar tradition about the 100th jump.... which not everyone followed. On my 100th jump, I went to the restroom, put on my rig, then put on shorts. I made sure I was the last one off the plane, removed the shorts, rolled them up, and rubber-banded them to my chest strap before exit.... it was a hell of a jump. After landing, pulled the shorts back on before walking in off the dropzone.
Had a great time, didn't offend sensibilities, it all worked out.
All this to say, go where you want... make sure the boat supports you going one way (with or without a buddy) while the rest of the group goes another. Shorts over rig (you can thread the crotch strap, if applicable, inside the shorts... no need to take them off to gear up). Last in the water, shorts removal right before you splash (or after splash and separating from the group) and but them in a BC pocket or rubber-banded to a harness strap to be put on before climbing the ladder. Nekkid dive, no traumatized kids, all is good.... just watch for jellyfish and lion fish!

Respectfully,

James

Our marine life have to deal with global warming, pollution, drag net fishing, plastic accumulating in the water, toxic run-off..... and now you want to subject them to this.

It might be what pushes them over the edge. Please, think of the poor fishies.

So is it a snipe hunt or a candiru hunt?
Snipe are real. It's just hard to catch them at night with a bag in the bushes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220816-111118_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220816-111118_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 46
So is it a snipe hunt or a candiru hunt?

Personally I prefer neither. But 100 was a long time ago and if memory serves in February, in Northern Massachusetts.

But if the OP wants something swimming up or chewing on his penis it's up to him. Nowadays people are stupid enough they might send him money (think gorilla glue girl)

I'm sorry to see new members receive such a negative reaction to a pretty harmless idea. People have skinny-dipped in the ocean for millennia with very few appendages being bitten or swum up. It's not a "stupid" activity just because it isn't something you're interested in.
As far as advice, I'd call ahead to the different dive operators in the Florida Keys, maybe starting with Key West. Many locations in the Caribbean are pretty conservative socially due to strong religious histories, but there are several that come to mind as possibilities. I'd look at St. Lucia, Antigua, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao off the top of my head. I last dove Curacao from the beach and there was no one else in the water apart from our group, so removing your suit after entering the water would have offended no one (certainly no one in our group).

Anyway, lighten up Francis. Let others dive their dive without dumping all over it. It's ok for others to do things differently. I mean, don't use split fins, you'll die.

Have fun all,
Brian

Of course it’s silly and juvenile. That’s the point.

It’s recreational diving. If “honoring” the “tradition” comports with your concept of recreation, and you can arrange a setting where no one will be offended, go for it.

The hazards mentioned in this thread range from exaggerated to ridiculous. Obviously, you’d plan the dive in appropriate conditions.

Back
Top Bottom