My maximum ATM withdrawal got boosted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is an ATM card vs a debit card please?
Almost one in the same...a debit card can be used like a CC for purchases...an ATM which is a debit card can magically spit money out of a box...pretty dang cool.
Nope.

An ATM card is a PIN-based card, used to transact in ATMs only. While a Debit Card, on the other hand, is a much more multi-functional card. They are accepted for transacting at a lot of places like stores, restaurants, online in addition to ATM.

Almost one in the same...a debit card can be used like a CC for purchases...an ATM which is a debit card can magically spit money out of a box...pretty dang cool.

I see, thanks. I call my ATM card my debit card. Takes the money out of my chequing account.

I see, thanks. I call my ATM card my debit card. Takes the money out of my chequing account.
Still, not the same. A Debit card is vastly more useable.

Nope.

An ATM card is a PIN-based card, used to transact in ATMs only. While a Debit Card, on the other hand, is a much more multi-functional card. They are accepted for transacting at a lot of places like stores, restaurants, online in addition to ATM.

Ok

So why would I want an ATM card only?

To limit risk.

Wouldn't it be easier for the bad guys to take all my money by going from ATM to ATM, rather than going store to store?

Wouldn't it be easier for the bad guys to take all my money by going from ATM to ATM, rather than going store to store?
They'll need your 4 digit code....what is it? I won't share...

Still, not the same. A Debit card is vastly more useable.

I can use it at the store and a restaurant. Other than those 3, it's not that useful. It's not usable for internet purchases. Or if it is, I haven't figured it out yet.

They'll need your 4 digit code....what is it? I won't share...

They'll need it no matter whether they're trying to take money from ATM or buy a big screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom