A couple thoughts on grocery shopping in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay going to shift it back 'closer' to original topic. What is the deal with tipping the gas station attendants? I know they expect a tip but what is a decent tip for them?

btw - It's been years since I've had to notify any of my credit cards vendors about travel plans.
I tip 10 pesos if they wash my windows and don't overcharge me. Not everyone does.

The door guy wanted a tip? I don't think I would have noticed.

To add salt to the wound, they'll tack on an automatic gratuity for groups, and even figure that 15-20% tip on total after taxes! Why include sales tax on the tippable amount?! I have been known to adjust those figures on my

At least tipping here is fairly affordable. I leave the gas attendant 20 pesos if he washes my windows, the baggers get the same general tip amount depending on how much stuff. I tip the guy at Sams that packs all the stuff I bought into my car and then returns the cart. Definitely worth a few pesos for me! Restaurant tipping is the same as the states, the bill is usually much less. Its all good for me and is factored into our spending budget. I don’t tip for directions, door openers otr help finding a bathroom.
Ha ha. I was at Sam's recently and the old guy who takes stuff to you car and returns the carts approached me. I told him that I didn't have any small change (in Spanish) and he told me that was ok and he was happy to do it for me. Try that lens on...changes your perspective, no?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom