Miscellaneous Photos from MacAbee Beach - November 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mono Lobo has spectacular scenery. We have kayak dove around there. Most of us are staying local and diving at Fort Ross on Saturday with a large portion of the NCD crew.

Earlier in the week, the Beach Hopper II had five openings on Sunday for Point Lobos. Someday I want to do that with Susie. It is an easy way to dive outside Whalers.

Oh bummer...I'm going to miss the NCD dive again! I really want to join you guys for a day of diving sometime.

So, is Susie any closer to going dry? She didn't seem convinced at the demo days. :shakehead:

I am pretty much fine with whatever. Would love to go to Lovers 3 if conditions are okay for it... Just let me know if we are a plan so I can figure how to get my gear. Thanks!!

I am pretty much fine with whatever. Would love to go to Lovers 3 if conditions are okay for it... Just let me know if we are a plan so I can figure how to get my gear. Thanks!!

Okay my dive partner has spoken I'm there !!!! J/K Ladies please let me know if this is going to fly so I can start the preparation of plans...

Thanks,

MG

Last week we dove Point Lobos on Saturday and it was a very nice day with lots of divers in the water. We had a good 30 to 40 feet of viz with minimal surge or current.

Hey Gang,

I heard last week was horrible conditions and in fact a boating accident in Half moon bay cost the life of two fisherman.

Apparently they didn't obey the warning signs of high dangerous surf; the boat capsized and they were found inside the boat dead.

So I guess Monterey diving last week might have been ugly.

I almost got a chance to dive Dead Man's Reef in Laguna Beach but at the last minute I didn't take my gear down because they said the rain was ruining everything.

They were wrong and conditions were good to go and I missed it, this would've been a nice beach dive and my first in Socal.

I'm going to try in the future to make it down there and do a couple of dives for the team. (My little brother lives in Fountain Valley and thats just minutes from Laguna Beach.)

Let me know what shakes for this weekend; I'd love to sneak in two more dives with you gals but no pooch, just me.... hehehe

MG

p.s
Michelle you look great in the pic don't worry, if you want to look at a scary pic then take a look at that second one of me, I look like Popeye the Sailor... LOL

Ok, Lover's 3 it is. I can be there by 9:00am Sat. Meet you guys/gals there. :D

Okay,

Thanks for the confirmation Michelle... We need to hear from dive buddy Sarah, are you in? Who else is going to go? I don't think I've dove Lover's 3... This will be nice... Where do we park, and don't forget Michelle I have parking covered for you...

MG

Okay,

Thanks for the confirmation Michelle... We need to hear from dive buddy Sarah, are you in? Who else is going to go? I don't think I've dove Lover's 3... This will be nice... Where do we park, and don't forget Michelle I have parking covered for you...

MG

My friend Brian (guy with the big camera) may join us. We can park just across the street from Latitude's restaurant. Parking is free there, so you'll have to get it next time but thanks for remembering. :wink:

My friend Brian (guy with the big camera) may join us. We can park just across the street from Latitude's restaurant. Parking is free there, so you'll have to get it next time but thanks for remembering. :wink:

Hi Michelle,

Did Brian ever post the pictures he took of us underwater?

Thanks,

MG

Hi Michelle,

Did Brian ever post the pictures he took of us underwater?

Thanks,

MG

No, I still haven't seen it. :confused:

So, is Susie any closer to going dry? She didn't seem convinced at the demo days. :shakehead:

Unfortunately she hates the latex neck seal choke. She has a drysuit for wakeboarding and complains of it too. I tried explaining that the neck seal could be replaced with a neoprene seal. Apparently Whites told her no. Anything can be done with a little glue though.

The lack of fins that fit the boots and the fact that the boots were HUGE made for a poor demo. Bamboo should have supplied fins that fit, since even my XL Jets did not fit on her size 8 feet :shakehead: My 10 1/2 foot fits in my XL Jets with Converse Pro's, booties, and my Turbo Soles. My other friends there could not find a pair of fins to fit either so they swam around with their hands. Really does make for a poor demo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom