Mexicana Airlines-scuba equipment fee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avex

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,
I have a question about mexicana airlines and if anyone has taken this airlines to mexico. On their site it says that they charge 60 dollars to bring scuba equipment with as either checked or carry on baggage. Has anyone ran into an issue with taking their own scuba equipment on board or in checked baggage?

Never paid any extra charges transporting anything via Mexicana be it scuba gear, extra large flower pots, art glass or general household goods. Of course, I stick to their free checked bag policies & carry on any odd-shaped items -- there's usually plenty of room in the overhead bins. Great service; nice employees; a pleasant change from the US carriers.

I believe that only applies to tanks with the valve removed...
Flew with them a couple of times. No extra charges for me.
Checked: BC, fins booties wetsuit and misc stuff.
Carried: Octo, scrip mask, 02 analyser, camera, housing and strobes.
Nice airline. On time, newer planes (the ones I flew on), free food/ drinks and nice/happy employee's. Major Airbus airplane repair facility's. One of the worlds oldest airlines:
Mexicana de Aviación - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Awesome thank you for the heads up. Makes me feel a bit better. I figured they would be relaxed about everything. Now I cant wait to go, less than two weeks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom