Maximum wave height for scuba diving in SE Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5 out of 13 days of diving so far, 17 dives, a little over 20 hours. Water on the cool side, 79 degrees, glad we have the hooded vests to go with the 3s. Couple of Frogfish, couple of Seahorses, all the usual reef fish. The diving is incredibly relaxing...

Just got done, awesome dives. Actually some of the best diving I’ve done. Also saw a giant Cobia, which is a first for me.

Got tons of video will cut it up soon

Dustin was awesome too, great captain

For anyone able, I just saw a post from Jeff and Force-e. Great viz at the bridge earlier today and they are sponsoring a night dive tonight. Wish I was there :(

Just got done, awesome dives. Actually some of the best diving I’ve done. Also saw a giant Cobia, which is a first for me.

Got tons of video will cut it up soon

Dustin was awesome too, great captain
Sometimes when the big Cobia first come up, I think they are sharks. Quite a prize for the spearos. Glad you had a good time, I love the area

@caruso and @IncreaseMyT

How are you doing in Florida?

2 great days of diving (3 if you count an early evening dive at the BHB on Tuesday night).

During the 2 days my group did the Mizpah corridor and Governors Riverwalk, and the Princess Ann and the Danny; along with @IncreaseMyT and his son plus 2 more divers who joined our charter. He and his son are both avid and skilled divers who seemed to really enjoy the wrecks. I'm sure he'll weigh in soon. Current was stiff to ripping, depending on when and where, visibility was 30-50' sometimes more. I was really surprised at how much the wrecks have deteriorated in the short year since I last visited them, but there were at least 2 major hurricanes during that time. Waves were higher today, boat was rocking and I had a brief bout of seaksickness. It's amazing how much better you feel after you empty your stomach over the side. I think I was the lone puker on the boat, and that is very uncharacteristic of me. Tomorrow is going to be a blowout as expected, and then we'll be in Boynton on Saturday, probably doing reefs in the morning and the 3 area wrecks in the afternoon.

A few locals at BHB said they dive the bridge 2 hours or more away from high tide, and they get good dives with generally clear visibility so we may give it a shot tomorrow afternoon. What's the worst that can happen..

Here is a quick video I ripped of some stuff from the first day. Great shot of the cobia, some bull sharks and one of the biggest goliath I have ever seen and I have seen a bunch.

That was really cool cobia video. You were really lucky to capture that!

OMG I know!! Actually I saw him through the window, I got the video of me sticking the camera in the wreck and I freaked out and and grabbed my son and then swam around the wreck and snuck up on him, he had no idea I was there at first. I kept going on about it at dinner and some of the group kept wondering what a cobia was, I even busted out the fish ID card Franco Maps and he doesn't have one on there.

I would have put the first part in the video but in the video you can't see him, but you bet I saw him in real time! Amazing.

Nice video...
Looks like you guys had an awesome time!!!

I was considering going on this charter also but I had to work :mad:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom