Question Long dive trip in SE Asia (with a baby) - Looking for recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edwaty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm planning a long dive trip (2 months, maybe more) in SE Asia next year, probably starting from July, for my family (2 adults and a 1-year old baby).

Would anyone have recommendations of places / resorts?

I really love Indonesia (been there two times, last one with lots of diving in Lembeh / Bangka / Moyo), but I'm open to other destinations. I like all types of diving and I like variety (I wouldn't spend two months muck diving even if I like it).

The main criteria are:
- Accessible with a baby: Not too rough conditions, no liveaboard, and we expect to look in advance for someone there to help us on a regular basis.
- Budget is not unlimited (my first evaluation is roughly 10,000 EUR per month (everything included), and it's flexible but I won't spend double that amount).
- Comfortable enough to spend long period of time in/around the resort: We will probably go to 1-2 places each month, not more.
- Avoid spots with too many divers (Bali, Bunaken...), we prefer more quiet places.

My first idea is to go back to Indonesia, for example between Pulau Moyo (North Sumbawa) at Maleo Moyo, Moluccas at Magic Bay Rao Beach Resorts (we've spent a few amazing days at Divers Lodge Lembeh and it's the same owner), and a third place still unknown, maybe Alor Divers on the Alor archipelago.

Any help / advice / recommendation is gratefully welcomed :)

Also, these destinations are the most obvious to me in order to get the most from our trip, but I'm also open to suggestions outside of SE Asia that fit on our conditions.

East coast of Peninsula Malaysia.
Starting from Singapore and cross over to Tioman, Tenggol Redang and Perhentian(Big and Small). Plenty of comfortable public transportation all the way.
Depart from KL to Indonesia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom