Trip Report Boynton Never Disappoints

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!

I used to live in Boca Raton so have used Dixie several times before. My only problem is they used to run A LOT of very basic, super shallow trips that included snorkelers and divers. Do they still do that or are they running primarily scuba charters? Not a fan of check in at the shop then drive to the boat, but I can live with it.

I've tried Aqualife. Yes, great location, but I HATE the boat layout. Like with a passion. The tanks located in the center of the boat with the U-shaped aisle around the edges. Just does not work. It was flat out awful in my experience. YMMV

Parrot Island I've not tried. May have to give them a go. Where are they located?

Yes, with Dixie you have to pick the right trips. Some are both and they even do freedivers too, I do not go on mixed trips. Dixie does a nice Saturday morning hunting trip with some good deeper sites. They also do special trips which are farther. You do not need to check in at the shop unless you are renting tanks or don't have your own.

Yes, Aqualife is unique in terms of setup, not my favorite either but it works fine, especially when the boat isn't too full. Free beer though.... Skip is also hilarious and very knowledable.

Parrot island picks up at the dock by the boat drop on 14th street, they dock the boat elsewhere. Super nice owners there and they are very cheap ($75 for 2 tanks).

Yes, Aqualife is unique in terms of setup, not my favorite either but it works fine, especially when the boat isn't too full. Free beer though.... Skip is also hilarious and very knowledable.
Boat was pretty much packed when I gave them a try. I can see how that can make a huge difference. That boat layout just does not work when the boat is full.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom