MARES Puck Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for reviews and feedback on Mares puck pro, and Mares computers in general. Would you buy again?
Thanks

Hi
I like it, and would buy it again. The single button can sometimes be tedious, but is simple to use.

It is large, but so are many other computers. Being large it is also easy to read.

The temperature in the log on the computer will include surface temps. However if you pull the data off it is fine.

if you don't mind the interface, they are a good value for an entry level computer. i would prefer buying a used oceanic for the more liberal algorithm, but that is my personal preference.

Yes, have two and the wife has one. Definitely like the thing. The single button is not really much of a problem and limits the number of failure modes (only one seal to worry about in addition to the main battery seal).

Also, you can replace the battery yourself.

My wife and I each have one, and it meets our needs for our diving perfectly. It’s easy to use, easy to read, doesn’t cost much etc. I like it. If something happened to mine for some reason, I’d definitely buy one again without hesitation.

I have the Mares Icon HD as my primary computer, and use the puck pro (air integrated) for my students.

The single button interface isn't the best, but the computer itself is rugged and clear to read.

How do you like the Mares Icon HD ? Is it easy to learn all the functions and interface?
Are they durable and low maintenance?
How much does it cost to replace batteries in computer and transmitter?

How do you like the Mares Icon HD ? Is it easy to learn all the functions and interface?
Are they durable and low maintenance?
How much does it cost to replace batteries in computer and transmitter?
I have the "old" icon HD - not the Icon HD black (stupid naming system). The easiest way to identify it is that mine is the non-air integrated one, so no transmitter.

Love it - had it since...2012 or 2013. No idea on battery cost, as I never have had to replace it. It charges off a standard USB cable. A full charge on the computer lasts around 20-30 dives.

The only maintenance it's had is the regular firmware updates and I replaced the screen protector (used a standard mobile phone one, cut to shape).

I own and dive the Mares Puck Pro computer---I have about 36 dives on it now and it does everything I need. Easy to see and it also has a back light for low light conditions. You can set it for air or nitrox-can adjust for the blend. You can dive plan on it and it has audible alarms for different things which I can hear easily underwater. Nice log which holds the last 50 dives--the oldest dive will be deleted when you get past 50 dives--you can buy the computer interface to download your dives which I didn't buy. In dive mode it will show your depth, dive time, water temp, nitrogen loading, and O2 loading if you are using nitrox. If you buy the Puck Pro the first thing I would do is replace the battery it comes with. Mine failed on the 7th dive--it leaked inside the battery compartment and stopped working. It didn't flood and I cleaned out the battery compartment and replaced the battery and no problems since then. I think they just put a cheap generic battery in it when they send it. Battery is easy to change yourself and is cheap so carry a spare. For a relative inexpensive computer it does about everything you could need and I'm very happy with it.

PS--It also has a count down 3 minute timer for your safety stop, surface interval timer, no fly count down timer and turns on automatically once you get in the water past 4 ft. deep. I read the manual when I received it but also went on-line and downloaded the Online Computer Training Class for about $6 which you can choose your specific computer---it's very good and walks you through all the functions of the computer and how to access them and lets you do practice dives on your computer with it also so you become familiar with it.Some dealers have a access code to get the training for free--mine didn't.

Back
Top Bottom