I accidentally put my dive computer in the washing machine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfwolf1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had my Mares Puck Pro dive computer wrapped up in some clothes for a plane trip back. Then I accidentally threw it in the washing machine with the clothes for a full cycle with a Tide pod. Nothing on it is visibly broken and it seems to operate (out of the water) just fine. Any risk that I damaged it in some way and it won't work properly in the water?

I had my Mares Puck Pro dive computer wrapped up in some clothes for a plane trip back. Then I accidentally threw it in the washing machine with the clothes for a full cycle with a Tide pod. Nothing on it is visibly broken and it seems to operate (out of the water) just fine. Any risk that I damaged it in some way and it won't work properly in the waterfall b
be interesting to see the profile :p

Not really. Its waterproof.
Yeah unless you've got some monster washing machine that spins at 100,000 rpm generating thousands of G's you should be fine.

Those are pretty hearty computers. Even if water had gotten into the battery compartment, it is isolated from the rest of the computer electronics. I'd probably soak it in some warm (not hot) water and after it soaks a few minutes perhaps jiggle it around -- just in case there was any residual detergent stuck in there somehow (should have come out in the rinse cycle, but just to be extra cautious).

Those are pretty hearty computers. Even if water had gotten into the battery compartment, it is isolated from the rest of the computer electronics. I'd probably soak it in some warm (not hot) water and after it soaks a few minutes perhaps jiggle it around -- just in case there was any residual detergent stuck in there somehow (should have come out in the rinse cycle, but just to be extra cautious).
Good idea. Soaking it now.

Back
Top Bottom