I accidentally put my dive computer in the washing machine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I imagine, especially if it’s a small load, allowing for things to bang around a bit, it’s a testament to a sturdy product if undamaged.

I think washing machines are pretty hot.
You do you. I'm sure there are websites for that. Washing machine fetishes aside, there is nothing wrong with cold water cycles, as long as you put on some wool. As the artist formerly known as NetDoc likes to say: "Wash and let wash!"

Not to pedantic, but while it is waterproof, its rated to be waterproof up to a certain temperature.
That is because the specifications of the sealing compounds and o-rings are rated to work up to a specific temperature.

I think washing machines get pretty hot.
The max water temp in the washer is dependent on the setting of the water heater. Which in my house can be more than I’d want to hold my hand in for more than a second or two. However, unless the OP was doing whites, it would not be advisable to crank up the heat as this can cause certain colors to bleed.

Too bad it didn’t register the dive, he could have given us a chart of the washer temp profile or at least the min max.

I can't wait for the next wave of stupid jokes

I can't explain why but reading this thread makes me feel agitated

I just think that you are short in attitude softener.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom