MAKE ME SWEAT! Name your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to try it in my TLS350 and find something thinner for the crushed neoprene suit

So, it may only be in my microcosm of the industry, (and my own projecting of my opinions on the people I interact with outside of that) but there also seems to be a shift towards functionality over perfect fit in the technical side of diving. The whole "cave-cut" mentality is (only in my limited experience) trending more towards "I want to hit my valves quickly and efficiently" than "how tight can I make my suit "
I don't dive Ursuit myself, but it seems to me that the current Ursuit models (they changed their cut about two of years ago) are quite successful in being streamlined cold water suits that still allow access to valves. Previously ursuits were quite baggy.
How does your "dive alaska cut" differ from the standard? Chest circumference?

Bigger armhole (where shoulder connects to body), larger girth (from the back of your neck, around your torso, through the crotch, and back) and slight adjustments to the shoulder to floor and length of arms.

But we don't personally do that. We had Faith Ortins show us (and our DUI rep) how to do it after taking measurements. It has been awesome--night and day for the long-time tech divers who've gotten new suits. Almost all our recreational suits were sizing like that now, and people love them.

I'll need some info on your Alaska Cut. My shoulders are immediately locked down in my dry suit, yet it's not undersized. I think its the undergarment binding in the shoulders. In my 7mm semi dry, no issues at all with a comfortable valve drill. Dry suit, It gets done, but it ain't pretty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom