MAKE ME SWEAT! Name your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the Thermal Fusion Undergarment and I promptly sold it (at a loss unfortunately). I now own the BZ400 and am quite happy. Haven't tried the Weezle, can't get over the name :D

I love my MTM BZ400, but holy smokes, even the standard cut is slim. If, and more likely, when, I get another one, I'm going to tweak the alteration to give me more space in the trunk for when I'm layering undergarments beneath it.

If they ever make the Flex 360 in MTM, I'll be the first to buy one. If I fit a stock size for that suit, I'd order one tomorrow.

Anyway: warmest unheated undergarment combo for me is a thin, wicking ski base, Xerotherm pullover top and bottom, G1 glove liner with a fingerless fleece glove over top, XM450 socks with a silk base under a Smartwool sock, and a MTM BZ400. Warm enough for all but long, tech-ish, winter dives in Alaska.

My BZ400 is stock size. Acording to size charts it is oversize. It was really thight when I got it, now after break in period it is quike ok.
MTM may not relieve your problem

My BZ400 is stock size. Acording to size charts it is oversize. It was really thight when I got it, now after break in period it is quike ok.
MTM may not relieve your problem
Naw, I've had it for a while, and talked with them about cutting it a little bigger to allow for more insulation underneath and got some good advice. It's really only an issue when I'm trying to hit my valves in the winter, as with extra thermals underneath, it pulls tight in the crotch and under my arms. Great suit though, regardless, and perfect with nothing underneath it.

It would be interesting to learn what advice they gave you @WantSomeScuba?
Pulling on the crotch area and under arms when doing valve drills is exactly the issue i have.

At least one of local Santi reps takes measure ents for MTM undersuits with all the baselayers etc.

It would be interesting to learn what advice they gave you @WantSomeScuba?
Pulling on the crotch area and under arms when doing valve drills is exactly the issue i have.

At least one of local Santi reps takes measure ents for MTM undersuits with all the baselayers etc.

I spoke with Halcyon this morning, and the consensus I got was 100% *don't* take measurements with more undergarments on, because you'll end up swimming in your undergarment.

Their recommendation was to take true measurements, and then for whoever is ordering them for the customer, to include notes in the sizing charts detailing what youre looking for.

This makes a ton of sense, as it's what we do with DUI getting drysuits sized. The "Dive Alaska" cut is a suit designed for being able to hit your valves with a 400 gram undergarment, thick vest, and Xerotherm pullover.

I'm guessing Santi can do the same thing, as long as you tell them exactly what you're looking for. I can see how sizing a drysuit to an undergarment by a measuring tape could go incredibly sideways, so I assume it's the same for Santi.

I don't dive Ursuit myself, but it seems to me that the current Ursuit models (they changed their cut about two of years ago) are quite successful in being streamlined cold water suits that still allow access to valves. Previously ursuits were quite baggy.
How does your "dive alaska cut" differ from the standard? Chest circumference?

Had a whites mk2 and mk3 .... frozen

Moved to a fusion undergarment.... warm until I lost weight

Bz400, I can't even tell I'm under the ice

_R

My fourth element artic expedition is too warm inside my Waterproof crush neoprene for Norcal water and it's nearly impossible to reach my valves. I had to add allot of weight to sink the combo, almost 15lbs on top of my doubles.

I want to try it in my TLS350 and find something thinner for the crushed neoprene suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom