Question Drysuit temperature and time limits in 13C and 24C water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rochester wideband, skin prep, pull or off slowly. No need due a remover thingy
Ok doing that with Conveens but Rochesters get painful, especially if tearing them off the old chap several days in a row.

I’ve never regretted buying Apeel!

Ok doing that with Conveens but Rochesters get painful, especially if tearing them off the old chap several days in a row.

I’ve never regretted buying Apeel!
My max has been 3 days. On in the morning, off after dinner. Not pleasant for sure

I am going to throw a grenade in here, if you are using a neoprene drysuit you can get away with thinner undergarments, something that despite 5 pages of discussion no one has mentioned.

In the UK one of the most popular drysuits is still the O'three MSF500 and we know just a little bit about cold water and drysuit manufacture
Perhaps but for someone travelling from Canada to France and MX (or elsewhere) a neoprene suit is: 1) Bulky 2) heavy and 2) changing buoyancy. So they are almost always a poor choice.

Perhaps but for someone travelling from Canada to France and MX (or elsewhere) a neoprene suit is: 1) Bulky 2) heavy and 2) changing buoyancy. So they are almost always a poor choice.
Agree on the bulky comment, however disagree on the buoyancy change as this marginal in modern neoprene drysuits and even undersuits will compress and change buoyancy in tri-lams. A couple of articles below discuss it and it looks like we have major cultural differences between UK and USA divers

@noserider I have nothing against neoprene suits, it just for trilam there is seaskin that makes them made-to-measure for a great price (i know their seams are a little poo poo, but that's easily fixable). Coupled with the fact that I will be travelling a lot, and a trilam suit looks like a no brainer

@noserider I have nothing against neoprene suits, it just for trilam there is seaskin that makes them made-to-measure for a great price (i know their seams are a little poo poo, but that's easily fixable). Coupled with the fact that I will be travelling a lot, and a trilam suit looks like a no brainer
Seaskin would be on list as well, I am just always surprised no one mentions neoprene yet they are very popular over here and despite lots of naysayers have stood the test of time

Back to Bard/Rochesters rather than the Conveens for a few dives. Conveens may be more convenient, but Bard/Rochesters well and truly stick in place. Praise be for Apeel medical adhesive remover.
Just use a Foley catheter and quit worrying about it.

Just use a Foley catheter and quit worrying about it.
That's a whole lot of nope right there.
Screenshot_20230504_055529_DuckDuckGo.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom