Question Heated Undergarments... How To Power

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the benefits of that is you can watch the battery indicator on the light and know what the status of the battery on the suit without having to check it separately. Goes from green to yellow early, maybe consider turning the light down a level and maybe snip a few minutes off the dive plan.
And never have to keep watch on the heat controller since the same battery indicator is on the light.
You can also look at the controller and it will tell you what power setting you're on visually instead of having to guess.

One of the benefits of that is you can watch the battery indicator on the light and know what the status of the battery on the suit without having to check it separately. Goes from green to yellow early, maybe consider turning the light down a level and maybe snip a few minutes off the dive plan.
And never have to keep watch on the heat controller since the same battery indicator is on the light.

I can watch the battery indicator and so can everyone else within 50 feet.... LOL! :wink:

Do you wear cotton garments when you dive?
Me personally no, I try to avoid cotton unless I'm running on a hot day.

I typically will wear:
Underwear: tech fiber boxer briefs and merino wool socks
Bselayer: None yet, will be trying out a set of Columbia OmniHeat pants and shirt
Insulation: DUI 300g socks, pants and long sleeve
Drysuit: DUI trilam drysuit

Me personally no, I try to avoid cotton unless I'm running on a hot day.

I typically will wear:
Underwear: tech fiber boxer briefs and merino wool socks
Bselayer: None yet, will be trying out a set of Columbia OmniHeat pants and shirt
Insulation: DUI 300g socks, pants and long sleeve
Drysuit: DUI trilam drysuit
Seems your already far ahead of most people on here then.
Tip... thin merino/silk combo is magic to run in on warm days.

Seems your already far ahead of most people on here then.
Tip... thin merino/silk combo is magic to run in on warm days.
I use a cotton shirt as an over shirt for my running shirt. The cotton holds onto moisture and helps keepe cool, but as an outer layer there is much much less chance for chaffing.

I currently dive off the coast of southern California and I do get chilled. I want to plan a trip to the Pacific Northwest and I know it's much colder up there.

Keep in mind that, if you're using electrics, you still need to have enough non-electric undergarment on to allow you to get out safely even if your electrics fail at the worst possible time.

Apologies if that is obvious or sounded pedantic.

Keep in mind that, if you're using electrics, you still need to have enough non-electric undergarment on to allow you to get out safely even if your electrics fail at the worst possible time.

Apologies if that is obvious or sounded pedantic.
Yep, I understand that. But it's also great to point out for others who read this at a later date.

I currently dive off the coast of southern California and I do get chilled. I want to plan a trip to the Pacific Northwest and I know it's much colder up there.
Water is about 48° right now around the sound

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom