MAKE ME SWEAT! Name your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarment!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's a sale on a Halo 3D, but now I read from a few of you it's not that warm. Now I'm second guessing before I buy.

I cannot get hot. I dive in a 5-7mm in 80+ degree water and am still cold.
Getting my first drysuit.

What is your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarments?

(Disclosure: Electric heating ones are out of my price range)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Nike hyperwarm tights under the undergarment. Picked up mine cheap on amazon and they make a big difference and add very little buoyancy

My friends with Halo 3D love them one formerly cold friend says they are a huge improvement over his old thinsulate garment

What undergarment do you use with the Nike (great suggestion by the way)? Do you think what you have is good for frigid waters?

For really cold water I wear a Merino wool baselayer and a fleece shirt under a Scubaforce arctic Xnine. Having multiple layers gives you more flexibility. I don't use the baselayer and fleece shirt in warmer waters. No need to spend extra $ on special scuba brands, any merino wool baselayer and store brand fleece shirt that you'd use for skiing or hiking will do.

Thick wool base supposed to be 200 weight with Hollis 450 fleece for ~50° water, it takes more lead to stay warm in a dry suit.

I took my White's Thermal Fusion undergarment to Silfra. I was sweating.

Thick wool base supposed to be 200 weight with Hollis 450 fleece for ~50° water, it takes more lead to stay warm in a dry suit.

Of course. The actually insulating layer is always the air in the suit; the purpose of undergarment is merely trapping the air where it should insulate. If you only add lead and air to the suit but no thicker undergarment, the extra air will just create a bulge behind your shoulders but not warm chest and belly.

Of course. The actually insulating layer is always the air in the suit; the purpose of undergarment is merely trapping the air where it should insulate. If you only add lead and air to the suit but no thicker undergarment, the extra air will just create a bulge behind your shoulders but not warm chest and belly.
Yes more insulation, more lead, maybe I should have been more specific.

There's a sale on a Halo 3D, but now I read from a few of you it's not that warm. Now I'm second guessing before I buy.

I cannot get hot. I dive in a 5-7mm in 80+ degree water and am still cold.
Getting my first drysuit.

What is your WARMEST Drysuit Undergarments?

(Disclosure: Electric heating ones are out of my price range)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Some of my local friends have the Halo and they all love it. Our quarry is typically 38 - 40F on the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom