Looking for Sidemount kit (APEKS, SP, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikem17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a good side mount kit. I've heard great things about the APEKS XTX50 SM package, but am open to any and all recommendations. Even a couple SP MK17/G260 or MK25/S600 would work well. I'm also looking at the Deep 6 package.

Anyhow, if you have anything you're looking to sell, or a link for something you already have for sale, let me know! Thanks!

What's your budget? I'm using the Deep 6 in SM and loving it.

What's your budget? I'm using the Deep 6 in SM and loving it.
Thanks Brendon, I've looked at the Deep 6 as well. Honestly, I'd REALLY like to get a full kit (SM BC + reg kit) for about $1k. I know that's a bit tight, but I think its doable with the right deal. I've been strongly urged to get the xdeep stealth BC, so looking at around 500 +/- for that (hopefully I can find someone selling for a decent price), which leaves 500 +/- for the reg set. I would consider going slightly higher than that for the right stuff, but not much more.

I'll keep in mind the Deep 6 though. Thank you!

You diving steel or ali tanks? Just need some info so I can see what deals I can find for you. Maybe @cerich has decided when he is releasing the Deep 6 SM BCD, enquiring minds want to know...

You diving steel or ali tanks? Just need some info so I can see what deals I can find for you. Maybe @cerich has decided when he is releasing the Deep 6 SM BCD, enquiring minds want to know...

Honestly, this is my first venture into SM, so I'm not sure yet. I primarily dive steel HP 100's as single back mount, so I would expect I'd continue to use steel with SM, but I wouldn't say I've locked that answer in yet. I know there are pro's and con's to both, especially when it comes to trim - are there any BC's that will function well for both types?

I think this thread might serve you better in the sidemount forum let me know if you want me to move it.

What regs do you have now? It may be cheaper to buy an extra 1st stage and some hoses and an SPG than to buy all new as well.

I currently have a B2/Z2. And I even have a bunch of hoses lying around (a few 7 footers included). They're yoke though, so would need to convert to DIN, which then limits them from being useful when I travel here in the states or Caribbean, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom