Question Sidemount recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a diverite nomad xt, got it because it was basically brand new and seller was selling it cheap

I happen to love mine. The Nomad XT is no longer fashionable. The X-Deep is the current darling. I do cold water SM and the Nomad XT works well for my diving. I love the harness. I have the same sort of harness on my rebreather (backmount unit).

Go see Andy Davis in the Phillipines

Another Andy Davis recommendation.
There probably aren't many SM rigs he hasn't had personal experience with. And that's the key. If the instructor hasn't had much experience with different rigs, you are going to get a less-than-informative class. I owned at one time seven different rigs and two of those were built from scratch.
And I grabbed any other rig I could get my hands on to dive any chance I got.
There is no one right rig.
A Dive Rite nomad XT is not going to be a challenge to deal with for a competent instructor. Andy Davis is who you want.
The worst I ever saw was the ScubaPro. It was garbage. We made it work for the student and he got through AN/DP with it, but after seeing mine and a few others at the site, a week after the class he sold it and bought an XDeep.
The SP was even far worse than the SMS100 without the mods that make it somewhat better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom