Looking for Sidemount kit (APEKS, SP, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! That's good advice.

I would be perfectly open to used on both the BC and regs. But, I don't think I can wait until Black Friday, unfortunately... I'm starting my tec side mount class here in the next few weeks, and then TEC 40 in about 2 months. Will need the equipment at latest by TEC 40. :(

It looks like if I want the Stealth TEC with redunancy I'll need to go new, since they only recently offered that. I think those are ~$600. Means, I need to find a decent reg set for ~400. I think that's doable for maybe a MK25/S600 set? Maybe?

probably not for the SP. even if you reuse your current hoses, you will still need the spgs with short hp hoses, which usually runs 50+ each unless if you find them used. that would leave you looking for a mk25/s600 for 150 per set which is a tall order. could maybe find the older dive rites or some hogs for that price though.

Hey Mike, I'm selling my HOG SM rig, $180 plus shipping. As mentioned, it's a good all around rig, bladder has sufficient lift for steels and it's super light and packs small for travel. I used it mainly as a dry demo unit when teaching.
Its certainly a good stop gap while your saving up for a Stealth Tec. PM me if your interested.

Hey Mike, I'm selling my HOG SM rig, $180 plus shipping. As mentioned, it's a good all around rig, bladder has sufficient lift for steels and it's super light and packs small for travel. I used it mainly as a dry demo unit when teaching.
Its certainly a good stop gap while your saving up for a Stealth Tec. PM me if your interested.
Hi Jay,
Thanks so much! That's an excellent deal and I'm sure its been well taken care of! I'll certainly consider it and get back to you if I go that route :)

probably not for the SP. even if you reuse your current hoses, you will still need the spgs with short hp hoses, which usually runs 50+ each unless if you find them used. that would leave you looking for a mk25/s600 for 150 per set which is a tall order. could maybe find the older dive rites or some hogs for that price though.
Gotcha - good things to think about. Thanks for the advice!

Hi Jay,
Thanks so much! That's an excellent deal and I'm sure its been well taken care of! I'll certainly consider it and get back to you if I go that route :)
Not a problem, I've got many different rigs I've used for teaching but I'm slimming down my stable. No hurry as it's not listed.

So I've been offered a deal on the following (new):

Hollis SMS100d
2x DCX/200LX
2x SPG
7' hose, 2' hose

All for about $1100. Is this a good enough deal to consider? I've SMS100d has some issues, and would likely need to be modified by cave adventurers... but the price seems pretty amazing. Any thoughts?

Or should I be considering something else?

So I've been offered a deal on the following (new):

Hollis SMS100d
2x DCX/200LX
2x SPG
7' hose, 2' hose

All for about $1100. Is this a good enough deal to consider? I've SMS100d has some issues, and would likely need to be modified by cave adventurers... but the price seems pretty amazing. Any thoughts?

Or should I be considering something else?
Brand new? That's a great price. Those Hollis regs run $600+ each new.

Personally I would stay away from the sms100

He wants dual bladder

Brand new? That's a great price. Those Hollis regs run $600+ each new. Can you get the 75 instead?

Personally I would stay away from the sms100

Can you both explain why? My understanding is that the dual bladder is better for redundancy and that the SMS75 doesn't offer that... I've heard multiple people make the comment that the SMS75 is better - I can't quite figure out why. So would appreciate your advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom