Looking for Sidemount kit (APEKS, SP, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you convert them to DIN just make sure you travel with an adapter with you.

I currently have a B2/Z2. And I even have a bunch of hoses lying around (a few 7 footers included). They're yoke though, so would need to convert to DIN, which then limits them from being useful when I travel here in the states or Caribbean, right?

Lot of threads on here about DIN in the US, I'm not convinced it's as big an issue any more. Converting back to yoke is pretty simple DIY or a DIN adapter in your bag will do the trick.

If you have a so-so octo and a decent primary then buying another 1st and 2nd might not be as economical as getting a value new or lightly used set of eg HOG or similar. Unfortunately there aren't any used Deep 6 available that I've seen and unlikely to be for some time.

There's often some deals on DiveRite regs which are attractive. I picked up a set on ebay a while ago for $200 so keep an eye out.

Maybe @Wookie has some he can give you he goes through HOG and EDGE and Deep6 like normal people go through underwear :poke:

in order to keep to your budget, you have to go pretty cheap on the bc if buying a full set of new regs.

dive rite sm kit is 800ish so you would have 200 left for a bc. if you can still find the hog SM bc, it is 200 on closeout, but it isn't the greatest. another option is putting together a deco dive equipment bc with their plates and 22lb bladder if that is enough lift.

if you are willing to look at used, you should be able to find exactly what you want under your budget easily. or look on ebay for another atomic first stage.

waiting till black friday would probably let you pick up the hog or deep 6 sets cheaper such that you could get the xdeep and keep to your budget, but it would be a significant wait till november.

Check out the Cave Adventurers site. Packages with SM regs and BC for ~$1190-1300 brand new. I can't vouch for them enough. Great service, prices, etc. Give the guys down there a call for some guidance and they'll gladly talk you through what you need.

in order to keep to your budget, you have to go pretty cheap on the bc if buying a full set of new regs.

dive rite sm kit is 800ish so you would have 200 left for a bc. if you can still find the hog SM bc, it is 200 on closeout, but it isn't the greatest. another option is putting together a deco dive equipment bc with their plates and 22lb bladder if that is enough lift.

if you are willing to look at used, you should be able to find exactly what you want under your budget easily. or look on ebay for another atomic first stage.

waiting till black friday would probably let you pick up the hog or deep 6 sets cheaper such that you could get the xdeep and keep to your budget, but it would be a significant wait till november.

Thanks! That's good advice.

I would be perfectly open to used on both the BC and regs. But, I don't think I can wait until Black Friday, unfortunately... I'm starting my tec side mount class here in the next few weeks, and then TEC 40 in about 2 months. Will need the equipment at latest by TEC 40. :(

It looks like if I want the Stealth TEC with redunancy I'll need to go new, since they only recently offered that. I think those are ~$600. Means, I need to find a decent reg set for ~400. I think that's doable for maybe a MK25/S600 set? Maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom