My first Sidemount Kit, piecing it together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have another question for everyone, since we're talking about sidemount. I'm going to buy everything in sections until I accumulate the entire kit. I'm thinking about completing the e-Learning now and do the class and Open Water afterwards in the Dec to Feb time frame, which is when I estimate I'll have the entire kit. Wanted to get opinions on that strategy. Thanks.
The sidemount eLearning isn't great. You can take it whenever, but don't make any plans on equipment based on what you read, IMO.

If you can, I'd take the class first, maybe with just the wing, pouch, and accessories. Things like LPI hose length, and short hose length should be tailored to your body size.

The sidemount eLearning isn't great. You can take it whenever, but don't make any plans on equipment based on what you read, IMO.

If you can, I'd take the class first, maybe with just the wing, pouch, and accessories. Things like LPI hose length, and short hose length should be tailored to your body size.
The TDI class has us taking the e-Learning first, then afterwards we have claasroom time, pool time then open water, so at some point I have to take the e-Learning. I will also check out the Steve Martin video. Also thanks about some of the hoses need to be custom fitted for my body.

Rob Neto’s Almost Complete Guide to Sidemount is an interesting and informative read. Hell of a lot better than the eLearning. It’s an expensive book, but maybe you can find a used copy. Make sure to look for the second edition as that one has a lot more info and better photos.

Rob Neto’s Almost Complete Guide to Sidemount is an interesting and informative read. Hell of a lot better than the eLearning. It’s an expensive book, but maybe you can find a used copy. Make sure to look for the second edition as that one has a lot more info and better photos.
Just pulled it up on Amazon,....$65!!! Will see if I can find one gently used. Thanks for the reference

I'm also shopping around to start with sidemount training in a few months. With the xDeep Tec, do I need a butt plate? I plan to dive with LP85s.

I'm also shopping around to start with sidemount training in a few months. With the xDeep Tec, do I need a butt plate? I plan to dive with LP85s.
You have drop attachments for the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom