Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Pearlman

Sorry, I don't really know much about Suunto algorithms, I have never dived a Suunto computer. I have pretty extensive experience diving DSAT, nearly 2,100 dives, and Buhlmann, a little less than 1,000 dives. What is this deep stop you mention?

I do like folks to give accurate information in their discussions on SB

Hi @Pearlman

Sorry, I don't really know much about Suunto algorithms, I have never dived a Suunto computer. I have pretty extensive experience diving DSAT, nearly 2,100 dives, and Buhlmann, a little less than 1,000 dives.

I do like folks to give accurate information in their discussions on SB
ok nm… I may be misreading it because I am still mid-way doing my first reading on deco diving…

gosh thats what everyone says. I just dont know if i have the money for one :(
Unfortunately, a Perdix is the just the tip of the iceberg for tech diving. It gets expensive, real fast!

i see only two buttons. how does this work. is it easier or harder to manipulate? im just concerned about this part.
I prefer the 2 button interface of the perdix. VERY easy to navigate through all of the menus. It take about an hour or so of tinkering through all the options where you get the hang of scrolling through.

i see only two buttons. how does this work. is it easier or harder to manipulate? im just concerned about this part.
Correct. The Perdix only has two buttons, but it’s real easy to navigate the menu. Just can’t go back through the menu. Overall, it’s very intuitive, so I wouldn’t worry about two buttons. The only complex button press is holding both to turn it on. From there on, it’s just one button or the other, and a label pops up to show what each button does at any point.

I looked at both and decided to go with the Perdix. For me, it really came down to the fact that I don’t wear a watch, so the form factor of the Teric was not a huge draw. I had already decided when there were issues reported with the Teric batteries. Those issues seem to have largely been fixed, but you still see reports from time to time.

I love changing my nitrox from 32% to 31% with one button press [edit: on the Teric] instead of nine [edit: on the Perdix]. My aging eyes see the brighter screen of the Teric more sharply, in spite of the slightly larger numbers on the Perdix. You'll find fans on either side, as it's very much a personal call what's important to you.

Very interest in a Tech oriented computer, as i am interested in tech diving later in life, and want one that will be able to stand up to all of that as well. Thanks!
If anyone knows, its yall!
Okay guys help me out here. name ANY bad things about the Perdix AI. Ive seen only good, and want to see what other think are the drawbacks!

Okay guys help me out here. name ANY bad things about the Perdix AI. Ive seen only good, and want to see what other think are the drawbacks!
It’s not exactly cheap. Other than that, I can’t really think of much. There used to be, but recent firmware updates fixed that. One of my earlier gripes was with the AI mini display. I liked some of the info, but wanted Pressure to be in the large font. They fixed this with custom minis. Now I can have pressure in one spot, and have a mini with SurfGF, GTR, and TTS.

Oh, one complaint. The Perdix will mock you if you don’t dive often enough. The Surface Interval display continues to count from your last dive. Mine currently shows 57 hours. That’s not bad, but it will soon switch to days, and when those days get up there, you know it’s time to dive.
@ScubaBadger32 the only thing I can think of is I wish it had was meter for the transmitter battery and not just an alert when it's low, it's not a biggie though.
Yeah, I thought about that as well. But, I’m thinking this might be a limitation of the transmitter. My Oceanic VT4.1 did have a menu option to check the transmitter battery, but if it was good, it merely indicated “OK”. Didn’t give a percent or voltage. Likewise, my downloaded logs in Subsurface also show that the transmitter voltage is “OK.”

The transmitter battery lasts a good long time. I usually change the battery annually, though could probably go every two years, as the log always OK, and I haven’t seen any warnings yet.

I usually change the battery annually
Same here, every New Years. You're right about it lasting a lot longer than that, my original battery that came in my first TX lasted well over 2 years without a warning. I ended up changing because it was freaking me out that it was so long and there was no way to see the volts lol

Back
Top Bottom