Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any big comparisons between perdix ai and teric?

Stuff that!

:rofl3:
Nice to see you enjoyed a good laugh? 🤩 I don’t want to start another thread on Sunnto vs Buhlmann but considering I have no plans to go below 80m ever I think it may work out fine. But I will reserve my feedback u til few years later when I have actually attempted a few Tech. Dives.

Just FYI Validation of algorithms used in commercial off-the-shelf dive computer not to start another thread arguing on issues I am not qualified to…

This testing indicated that, whilst none of the four passed all of the proposed tests with factory-default conservatism, ZHL-16C and Suunto-RGBM could be made to pass by adjusting user-defined settings.

I have no grudge with the algo only that it’s unable to recompute the next-best profile if you blow your deco stop and locks you out
But other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

As others have said, forget the AI. Use an SPG. For me a transmitter was just more batteries to worry about.
If you actually get into tech properly, the AI or the SPG is just going to be backup for your plan and your brain. You should know your tank pressure, barring an emergency loss, without looking at the gauge.
Down the road, once you've spent 4-5K on tanks, regs, drysuit(s), stage bottles, stage regs, and training fees, you can get an AI computer. Which you probably won't find yourself using that feature much.
Yes and no. In BM doubles, the above statement is true. However, if the OP ever dives sidemount, the AI becomes very useful very fast.

But other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
My brand of DC has paranormal powers to estimate the bubble formation in my bloodstream deep and early into a dive, and compute the risk of DCS. Can your DC do that? Nah it will send you straight up near the surface before “waking up”… 😏😏

Yes and no. In BM doubles, the above statement is true. However, if the OP ever dives sidemount, the AI becomes very useful very fast.
very tempting in terms of cave-cavern diving!

I hope you are happy with the Suunto algorithm...

I have no grudge with the algo...
We have heard about this previously from @Diving Dubai Here are first, clean air dive NDLs for Suunto Fused RGBM 2, set most aggressively, DSAT, and Buhlmann at a GF high of 95. I have no idea how the Suunto algorithm behaves on repetitive dives. I know from extensive personal experience that DSAT and Buhlmann behave differently, with DSAT becoming relatively somewhat more conservative and Buhlmann becoming relatively somewhat more liberal. Diving Dubai could probably comment on Fused RGBM 2 vs. Buhlman and repetitive dive performance.

1645471669064.png

We have heard about this previously from @Diving Dubai Here are first, clean air dive NDLs for Suunto Fused RGBM 2, set most aggressively, DSAT, and Buhlmann at a GF high of 95. I have no idea how the Suunto algorithm behaves on repetitive dives. I know from extensive personal experience that DSAT and Buhlmann behave differently, with DSAT becoming relatively somewhat more conservative and Buhlmann becoming relatively somewhat more liberal.

View attachment 708437

Please correct me if I am wrong… So the deeper you go the more conservative it gets (where the variations in fused RGBM2 kick in)… and that even with -2 it can’t match a Buhlmann! But then after the deep stop is done it matches more closely with Buhlmann at shallower depths?

Possibly the reason it gets recommended most often for repetitive dives within rec limits… I remember seeing this before in another thread ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom