Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can often find perdixes and even predators for sale at decent prices. I just sold both of my perdixes a couple months ago. One went to Tennessee and the other to France. Still have my predator.
As others have said, forget the AI. Use an SPG. For me a transmitter was just more batteries to worry about.
If you actually get into tech properly, the AI or the SPG is just going to be backup for your plan and your brain. You should know your tank pressure, barring an emergency loss, without looking at the gauge.
Down the road, once you've spent 4-5K on tanks, regs, drysuit(s), stage bottles, stage regs, and training fees, you can get an AI computer. Which you probably won't find yourself using that feature much.

any big comparisons between perdix ai and teric?
The Perdix is obviously bulkier, uses replaceable batteries. Early Terics had some battery issues. No difference in functionality as far as I know.

any big comparisons between perdix ai and teric?
They essentially have the same functions, perdix has a bigger screen. I like the bigger screen. I’m sure someone else on here could give you a more in-depth comparison.

If you theoretically ok with Sunnto Fused RGBM2 go for the Sunnto Eon Core. I just got mine this week. I already have a PPS transmitter so I was waiting to buy the Perdix AI. But when I found I could get the Eon Core DC + AI tank pod combined at a cost the same as a perdix AI I got it immediately. Better form factor and screen than the Perdix. More modern looking, like the Peregrine…

If you theoretically ok with Sunnto Fused RGBM2 go for the Sunnto Eon Core. I just got mine this week. I already have a PPS transmitter so I was waiting to buy the Perdix AI. But when I found I could get the Eon Core DC + AI tank pod combined at a cost the same as a perdix AI I got it immediately. Better form factor and screen than the Perdix. More modern looking, like the Peregrine…
I hope you are happy with the Suunto algorithm and their tank pod. The former is not to my liking, and the latter is not famous for reliability.

I hope you are happy with the Suunto algorithm and their tank pod. The former is not to my liking, and the latter is not famous for reliability.
I have no grudge with the algo only that it’s unable to recompute the next-best profile if you blow your deco stop and locks you out. I read the all the other threads about it but I’m willing to discover for myself as the years and my diving progresses.

I’ll find out about the reliability bit in the next few years. People reading this though should be glad there’s a new scapegoat in town who can give feedback to SB at his own cost and expense… 😜😏

They essentially have the same functions, perdix has a bigger screen. I like the bigger screen. I’m sure someone else on here could give you a more in-depth comparison.
i see only two buttons. how does this work. is it easier or harder to manipulate? im just concerned about this part.

It's probably easier to manipulate just because the buttons are larger. You're only pressing one at a time in either Teric or Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom