Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the transmitter just sends a status report, like OK, weak, and critical/almost-too-late. This takes fewer bits (2 is sufficient) than actually sending a voltage....
and, once it gets weak, i mean just replace the batteries right? its relatively simple

and, once it gets weak, i mean just replace the batteries right? its relatively simple
The hardest part is finding a coin or tool to open the battery hatch without damaging it. Turns out the little Shearwater Perdix tool works fine!

The hardest part is finding a coin or tool to open the battery hatch without damaging it. Turns out the little Shearwater Perdix tool works fine!
Yep. My transmitter came with my Oceanic VT4.1. The Oceanic came with a tool to assist with changing the computer battery. Basically a flat piece of metal with two pins that fit into the retention ring. The back side could also be used for the transmitter, but it wasn't great. The metal was too thin, so had a quarter I would bring with my tools. Quarter was better, but still a bit sloppy.

The Shearwater tool is awesome. Fits snuggly so you have even pressure across the entire surface.

Very interest in a Tech oriented computer, as i am interested in tech diving later in life, and want one that will be able to stand up to all of that as well. Thanks!
If anyone knows, its yall!

Ratio Computers is best value with several options including buying less expensive entry level i3XM (GPS or Pro), or the "Easy" version, with recreational diving features only and then pay a fee to upgrade to the more technical versions of the firmware based on your needs when you need them (same hardware).

I have the iX3M GPS Tech + with transmitter and it is very good. They keep updating the firmware on regular basis adding more features to it. The screen display is awesome with big numbers, easy to read from different angles and very bright even in sunny Libya (you can set the brightness manually or automatically). The menu is simple to navigate. They also have a watch size computer too. The battery life is very long (rechargeable).

Ratio computers run Buhlmann ZH-L16B rather than 16C, so run a little differently.

The Easy and Deep models run with presets only, you must go to the Tech+ model to get custom GFs

Ratio computers run Buhlmann ZH-L16B rather than 16C, so run a little differently.

No, that isn't true. They added the 16C a while back and give you the option. The difference isn't much anyways and the average user wouldn't notice any difference.

The Easy and Deep models run with presets only, you must go to the Tech+ model to get custom GFs
If you are recreational diver, you don't need that and you use the Easy model until you need GF and upgrade by paying for a software key when you need it.

The presets for Easy and Deep are here:
1646064172406.png

Back
Top Bottom