Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome! Would it be worth changing them for a simple rec dive?
Depends if you need to change.
All my dives are rec dives and I have mine in rec mode. I usually dive with 25% and it stays on that. Occasionally. I'll do a dive on Air and I just change it to 21% (which is easier than changing from Nitrox to Air mode).

How easy is it to change gradient factors on the perdix AI?

Very easy. Also if you want to do gas planning for a dive you need to be in tec mode. You could plan 32% nitrox for say 25m depth for 50 mins and see what amount of air you would need and any deco time required. Or you could plan a 25m dive to 5 mins before NDL on 32% Nitrox and see what gas you need ( depending on if you actually know your sac rate )

The GF you use will change the time you get to NDL GF75 shorter times to NDL GF95 longer times to NDL. Another thing to consider is uploading your dive logs. I upload mine two Shearwater as well as to Diving Log. In diving log I can enter the tank size and the starting and ending bar / psi and can see on any point of the dive what air I have left in the tank. So on this 93 minute dive I finished with 50 bar / 750 PSI on an AL80 started with 200 bar. I have clicked on the end of the dive to show the air left.

Deeper 45m dive I can see how much air I have used from the start of the dive to get to 45m depth. I used 20 bar to descend to 45m in 6 minutes 14 seconds.

A SAC WRECK DIVE.jpg

45M CAMERA RETRIEVAL.jpg

All my dives are rec dives and I have mine in rec mode. I usually dive with 25% and it stays on that. Occasionally. I'll do a dive on Air and I just change it to 21% (which is easier than changing from Nitrox to Air mode).

del erred oops

Or you can preset 5 percentage modes and change from one to the other but yes changing using one mode from 25% to 21% is easier.

I have two modes preset 21% and 32% also easy to change modes.

He asked about gradient factors, not O2 percentage.

Very easy. Also if you want to do gas planning for a dive you need to be in tec mode. You could plan 32% nitrox for say 25m depth for 50 mins and see what amount of air you would need and any deco time required. Or you could plan a 25m dive to 5 mins before NDL on 32% Nitrox and see what gas you need ( depending on if you actually know your sac rate )

The GF you use will change the time you get to NDL GF75 shorter times to NDL GF95 longer times to NDL. Another thing to consider is uploading your dive logs. I upload mine two Shearwater as well as to Diving Log. In diving log I can enter the tank size and the starting and ending bar / psi and can see on any point of the dive what air I have left in the tank. So on this 93 minute dive I finished with 50 bar / 750 PSI on an AL80 started with 200 bar. I have clicked on the end of the dive to show the air left.

Deeper 45m dive I can see how much air I have used from the start of the dive to get to 45m depth. I used 20 bar to descend to 45m in 6 minutes 14 seconds.

View attachment 709991

View attachment 709992

So how will the perdix know my average air consumption for those calculations? Does it learn it over time?

So how will the perdix know my average air consumption for those calculations? Does it learn it over time?
No. The Perdix AI won’t learn your average air consumption over time. It doesn’t know what tank you are using. It only knows how fast the PSI is dropping on the current dive. It uses that to tell you how much gas time you have left at the current depth.

As you dive more, though, you can calculate your RMV and use that to estimate how long your gas will last on a given dive. You can either calculate RMV manually, or download to something like Subsurface which will calculate it for you based on the tank you used.

No. The Perdix AI won’t learn your average air consumption over time. It doesn’t know what tank you are using. It only knows how fast the PSI is dropping on the current dive. It uses that to tell you how much gas time you have left at the current depth.

As you dive more, though, you can calculate your RMV and use that to estimate how long your gas will last on a given dive. You can either calculate RMV manually, or download to something like Subsurface which will calculate it for you based on the tank you used.

What’s RMV?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom