Looking for a nice Air Integrated, liberal decom(or able to change liberal/conservativeness) computer. Open to literally anything.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. I guess GFLo really doesn't matter for NDL diving, so this has some surprising effects going from 3 to 4 and 5.
Yeah, it is saying that deep (P4) and super-deep (P5) stops are the most conservative....but only if you are doing a deco dive. For a non-deco dive, the most conservative is P3. Weird.

No, that isn't true. They added the 16C a while back and give you the option. The difference isn't much anyways and the average user wouldn't notice any difference.

If you are recreational diver, you don't need that and you use the Easy model until you need GF and upgrade by paying for a software key when you need it.
Hi @BoltSnap

The change in Buhlmann algorithm is not reflected on the Ratio website (yet?) Here is part of the data sheet for your computer
1646063639111.png

So, you want a color, watch factor computer and buy the iDive Color Easy and a transmitter for $1080. Later, you decide you want custom GF, perhaps other features, and buy 2 upgrades, to bring it up to Tech+, for $340. The total price is now $1420.

For comparison, a Shearwater Teric and transmitter would cost you $1549. Of course, these are US prices, they may be different elsewhere.

The change in Buhlmann algorithm is not reflected on the Ratio website (yet?)

It isn't reflected in their website. I received an email a while back about this matter. The new computers with the rectangular buttons have the "C" version. I'll try to look for the email when I get home.

Yeah, it is saying that deep (P4) and super-deep (P5) stops are the most conservative....but only if you are doing a deco dive. For a non-deco dive, the most conservative is P3. Weird.
The presets have never really bothered me for no stop diving, light deco. That would be fine on the Ratio Easy models, 2 mix nitrox.

However, the Deep models have 3 mix and normoxic trimix. The 6 presets would seem to be quite limiting and, perhaps, not what you want.

The hardest part is finding a coin or tool to open the battery hatch without damaging it. Turns out the little Shearwater Perdix tool works fine!

NT$10 coin from Taiwan fits perfectly. I always use the Shearwater tool but always have some coins when I travel.

Awesome! Would it be worth changing them for a simple rec dive?

There are three default setting you can use. Perdix has Rec mode and Tec mode. I dive using tec mode but it just gives me more features I want than rec mode. Conservative is a default mode that keeps you pretty safe in Rec Air Mode / Nitrox mode

GF75 is conservative for recreational diving and you can see that in the first picture 35/75 75 being the GF high for NDL dives. 35 GF low for deco dives. I use GF95 which is the far less conservative for my NDL dives. Changing any setting is quite easy. However one thing if you save a setting you cannot go back you need to run through the menu again but that is quick and only a few clicks of a button, unless you click once to often and have to do it again lol.

You will need to download the manual. There is a lot of learning you will need to do for both rec & tec modes. Normal rec air mode at top pic, my setup using tec mode.

AIR DEFAULT SCREEN.jpg

A PERDIX SCREEN.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom