Long hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am switching to a long hose configuration but I REALLY do not like the idea of ANY sort of clip hanging off the side of my primary reg. Is there some alternative?

I was thinking of perhaps putting a small SS ring on the hose and attaching a clip permanently to the D ring. Are there other options?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had an issue with the clip on my primary as well. I just envisioned this thing hitting me in the face all the time. Now, I don't even notice the clip at all. I used a small SS bolt snap and it works fine even with thick cold water gloves.
Why do you not want the clip on there? I'm sure there are other ways around it and I'd be interested to hear them.

Grajan once bubbled...
I am switching to a long hose configuration but I REALLY do not like the idea of ANY sort of clip hanging off the side of my primary reg. Is there some alternative?

I was thinking of perhaps putting a small SS ring on the hose and attaching a clip permanently to the D ring. Are there other options?

Thanks

Hey Grajan:

Small clip secured with a breakaway oring works best and you will get used to it I promise :)

Would suggest your "option" is not particularly neat or practical (I can clip my primary off one-handed... with your option it'll take two!

If you work with the smallest practical bolt snap for your "thermal configuration" and secure the clip so it can freely fall away from the mouthpiece, you'll soon forget it's even there.

Doppler

Grajan once bubbled...

Thanks

I use the smal 1" SS d-ring on the hose and it works fine for me. I posistion it about 12 to 14 inches away from the reg so it actually sits behind my head when I'm using the reg. The large double dog clip I keep on the the d-ring in my suit pocket. I don't use it to secure the reg (I guess I could) when in deco, but more when I have to pass the reg off . this allows me to secure the reg to my buddy to lesson the chance of it pulling out when its being used. A possiblity when in current.

SB

I have never noticed it. I did think I would, but again it's never been an issue.

Good luck with which ever system you use.

I will go with the small clip first and if it really bugs me (apparently it won't) I will come up with a plan 'B'.

how on earth do you secure the 'O' ring? I'm assuming you just double it through the clip loop and pass it over the hose end....

Has it been covered elsewhere?

I use cave line to attach the clip to the hose insted of using the o-ring. If you can't find any PM me your address and I can mail you some.

not an issue for anyone I know that has one...try using it for a few dives and you'll see. I prefer the cave line attachment technique.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom