Maldives - long hose configuration/octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I currently dive a long hose configuration (2x Apeks MTX-RC).

I am planning to go to the Maldives and dive there and I've read that by legislation an octopus is required.

Does anyone know if this refers to an alternate source of air and I am ok with my current configuration or do I need to have the classic yellow octopus to dive there?

Thank you!

Been multiple times on Maldives liveaboards from southernmost to northmost, and never once someone mentioned anything wrong with our longhose&necklace configurations, nor with other diver's with sidemount rigs, for that matter.

Besides the sidemount guys and once a diver who brought his own twin tank rig, never seen a diver totting an alternate source of air.

Enjoy the Maldives, unlike what the name implies, it is actually very Gooddiving!

There's also a legal depth limit of about 98' but no sign of the scuba police or computer monitors on last trip.

I’ve used the long hose configuration on two trips there so far. On my last trip there were 3 other divers on the boat using the same.
As long as you have the backup reg nobody will look twice or have an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom