Pirahna Dive Mfg BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MidOH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A Pirahna Bpw I built for travel. Lots of DGX love here. Pirahna is comparable to my DGX Bpw in quality and cost. But they offer some different hardware options.

1000007874.jpg

I chose plastic cams, plastic buckle, and an Al d ring to save weight. Al STA with Deep Sea nuts. DGX 30# wing is my lightest wing.

I used only 2 d rings to keep weight down. Left waist band for my SPG. Crotch ring for a place to temporarily hang items if my hands get full. Crotch ring is heavier SS so I can grab the crotch strap easier, with only one or two lewd pelvic thrusts while gearing up.

Used slices of rubber innertube on shoulder straps, incase I do bring a small light along. I can still clip and tuck a light, on the shoulder strap DIR style.

Used shears as my 7' long hose holder.

1000007873.jpg
1000007875.jpg

BP & harness, came in at 2.68#.
STA and cam straps are 1.23#.
3.91# total.

My Helium rig is 3.62# total. At double the cost. But that's all Ti hardware.

Cool setup.

I've always wondered about Piranha, they get mentioned here fairly often. I tried reaching out to them to ask some questions about some stuff and never got a response. Plus their website is awful, so its painful to browse what they offer.

Cool setup.

I've always wondered about Piranha, they get mentioned here fairly often. I tried reaching out to them to ask some questions about some stuff and never got a response. Plus their website is awful, so its painful to browse what they offer.
Call them direct, they're always happy to help. I find emails on some of the smaller mom and pop shops get lost. Less overhead means less man power to man the battle stations.

I love Piranha.

Piranha is great. I ordered about $40 worth of little things and then like a moron clicked the most expensive shipping option which was like $40, so my order totaled $80 something dollars. They called me the next day and asked if I meant to do this, I said no and they changed it for me.

Randy is one of the true gems in this world. Always helpful and always picks up his phone. I called once and he answered from his daughter's wedding. I gave him some sh*t for that.

I'm waiting for a box of harness goodies right now, in fact.

Randy is one of the true gems in this world. Always helpful and always picks up his phone. I called once and he answered from his daughter's wedding. I gave him some sh*t for that.

I'm waiting for a box of harness goodies right now, in fact.
Date night?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom