Chest Mounted Rebreather, Hose Routing, and Regulator Fitting Sides...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, the only house routing I've ever used is the following:
RH Tank Long Hose behind neck clipped off on chest
LH tank short hose behind neck on necklace

Easily identified by long hose has a straight fitting coming out of the regulator and short hose has a 90 degree fitting coming out of the regulator, both of which exit the right side of the regulator.

Why am I here?

in April I am going to get O2ptima certified - that means I will be chest mounted rebreather certified and having hoses routed across my chest will no longer be an option. So, I am looking to practice getting myself comfortable with the new configuration before then. Please advise me on some of your hose routing. I almost think double long hose is better here.
This is what I do: Short hose routing options
Because it does not interfere with the ChOp, and for these additional reasons:

This is what I do: Short hose routing options
Because it does not interfere with the ChOp, and for these additional reasons:
Basically, you jut put the reg you've been using on your right tank on the left instead and vice versa. Now you just have to pull out a smaller amount of long hose run it around the back of your neck and clip it off to right chest D ring (bc RB), then pull out a small amount of short hose and run straight up and over to wear as necklace (or clip to right chest D ring). No hose crosses your chest, only 1 hose behind your head, and nothing interferes with the CM RB.

Hi
I don't get why you want to switch side.
The good point of CM unit is to be able to add them to any set-up. Why would you want to change that?
Just use the left tank as Dilout with second over your neck and in the necklace (even with a BOV, you want a BO reg on necklace and not clipped or on the tank).
If the Dilout is enough for BO and you are in mix team, just add a long hose loved on the tank and going also behind your neck and clipped with a breakaway on your right d-ring or just left on the tank.
If you want an xtra BO on you right, just use a LH left on the tank or clipped on the right d-ring.
Nothing cross your chest either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom