Little girls and makeup

Am I an old fuddy duddy?

• Yes, get with it.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • No more than I am.

Votes: 104 86.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
well, she needs to hear that she's smart, able, clever, funny, good at riding a pony, and an awesome smores fixer as well

just my .02

Here are a few of the phrases commonly heard lately:

You're so cute.

You're so smart.

You're such a good helper.

You're such a good sister.

You're a good girl, Jenna.

But the most common by far is:

Jenna, stop picking your nose.

:rofl3:

Oh yeah man, you are right on the money. I would have went nuts! 3 years old! :no

drbill:
Heck, I'm not a big fan of makeup on women (I prefer the natural look)... and definitely not on young kids. A three year old? What were they thinking?

I agree, women look better without the makeup, al natural works for me.

As for kids, natural curiosity will lead her to want to try make-up at some point - that's the time to deal with it.

3 does sound too young to me, almost sounds like the teacher is one "playing with dolls" to me.

As for women, I also prefer au-naturel, especially as on the rare occasion she does apply make-up, the effect is much stronger than if you see it every day.

My big bugbear is piercings on kids. I have seen young toddlers with pierced ears and it sickens me, there's no way the child was able to even understand something that equates to me (as an ER nurse) as an invasive procedure requiring informed consent - it is bordering on abuse.

Dom

I just think sometimes adults project a lot of anxiety about things that are trivial.

I think telling her to not do it again because "it's too hard to get off" or something....

I don't know, seems harmless, but I realize I am in the minority. My kids (a boy and a girl) had one of the most fun nights at my parents lakehouse painting all the men's toenails when they were a little older than that. My father, a 6'5" man named "Moose" got over his homophobia all in one night by virtue of that one simple act. Okay...one tiny increment.

It's paint. Cultures of all types have been driven to adorn their bodies with paint, jewels, feathers, bones for centuries. It seems to be a common theme throughout the ages which makes me suspect maybe it is a natural behavior.

i voted no as i believe you are correct

what is the rush in getting the kids to grow up so fast these days

Me personally, I would have had the so called teachers azz. I'm not talking law suit. just plain old azz woopin. How dare someone place make-up on a child with whom they are not that childs moral guardian. Yes I said moral guardian. I have seen so many children lately who are wearing make-up. To me, it looks like the parents are attempting to do one of two things, 1. make the child look like a *****. 2. make the child look older so a pedophile will have a little more interest. Either way. a child who is not in high school should not wear make up.

Now here's a question too. Did the teacher shave her legs also? No seriously. What in Gods name is wrong with that so call teacher

catherine96821:
I think telling her to not do it again because "it's too hard to get off" or something....

i agree that's how to handle it with the child ... it still doesn't make what happened any less of a "bad thing" in my book ... that teacher had no business doing that

I don't know, seems harmless, but I realize I am in the minority. My kids (a boy and a girl) had one of the most fun nights at my parents lakehouse painting all the men's toenails when they were a little older than that.

but don't you see how that's a totally different activity, with totally different lessons?

soudan:
I have way too much to say about this subject, but in short, I am absolutely against putting make-up on kids all the way up to age 16.. (it can take the innocence out of a child)
that's enough for now, but i would talk to who ever hired that teacher and make it clear that not all folks like what that teacher might think is innocent child's play.

I'm with you! While our daughter is 15 and a sophomore in high school, she STILL does minimum with the makeup scene. As a high school educator for the past 21 years, I see the way some young ladies come "painted" to school--whether or not their parents know it. For some of you, you may see this as harmless. For 18-19 year old senior young men, it is ADVERTISING! And you don't want your daughters buying what they are selling :no :no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom