Keowee Hot Hole March 31st ?? Anyone want to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Deb and I were talking about the next time we can bot make it out to the lake and March 31st is looking good for us. We were thinking about planning to dive the hot hole in Keowee since the water is in the 60's and hopefully we can get a day with warm air.

I would like to do the pump house, but it is still really cold--in the 40's and we are both diving wet, so I think we would like to plan that dive for sometime in May or June.

It would be the same deal as last time $30 for two tanks of air or $34 for two tank of nitrox, or bring your own tanks for $30--all options include the boat ride. If you bring your own tanks he will fill them at his shop before the dive or after the dive if you would like at no extra charge. If having them refilled with nitrox the charge is $34 instead of $30.

We also need 6 people to go to get the above rates. If less than 6, it is $180 divided by the number of people.

Does this date and dive site work for anyone else?

Off the Wall shop address 350 Jocassee Lake Rd, Salem, SC 29676
Phone 864-944-9255
http://www.offthewalldiving.com/2.html

The large boat holds 16 people and the small boat holds 6.
Off the Wall has 32% nitrox on tap

If someone just wants to ride along on the boat, but doesn’t want to dive, the charge is $15

$30.00 per person for 1/2 day charters on Lake Jocassee and Lake Keowee--AM,PM, and/or night diving available
$100.00 per person for all day charter on the Cooper River. Four, one hour dives.
Rental lighting with 10 watt HID available on request. Hand or helmet mount are both available.
AIR FILLS** $6 / $8 Nitrox …….80 cu. ft.
AIR FILLS** $8 / $10 Nitrox ……100 & 120 cu. ft.
Tank Rental $8 air / $10 Nitrox …..80 cu. ft.
Tank Rental $10 air / $12 Nitrox…..100 & 120 cu. ft.
$15.00 Regulator rental
$15.00 BC rental
$15.00 Wet Suit rental
$25.00 Dry Suit rental
$5.00 wrist mount compass rental
** Discount Fill Cards Are available to save you $1.00 per fill **

Keowee State Park http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...-park/972.aspx
MILES TO:
Charleston, SC: 250
Columbia, SC: 136
Florence, SC: 217
Greenville, SC: 35
Charlotte, NC: 127
Raleigh, NC: 269
Atlanta, GA: 145
Augusta, GA: 135
Savannah, GA: 247

Directions to WAR PATH LANDING at Lake Keowee
I-85 exit 40, turn on Hwy 153 to Easley go about 4 miles
Hwy 123 south to Easley
Fork to right onto Hwy 93, just past Hardies on the left. Go all the way thru downtown Easley.
Merge straight onto Hwy 8 to Pickens at the stop light past the next Hardies
Left onto Hwy 183 near McDonald’s.
Go all the way thru Pickens
Pickens stay on 183 and go about 8-10 miles out of Pickens on 183
4 way stop go straight through and travel a little less than 2.5 miles
Right on Warpath
Go about 1 mile and the ramp and dock on left.

On the way back home there is a good place to eat in Pickens called Tony’s Italian. Just after you make the left onto Hwy 183 and pass McDonalds in less than ¼ mile you will see Tony’s on your right when you are on your way to the lake. Perhaps, we can do dinner as a group there this time on the way back home?

wont be able to make this one,going to the megadive at jennie springs the same weekend.

divinginn:
wont be able to make this one,going to the megadive at jennie springs the same weekend.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you have a safe trip. You are always welcome to join us up in SC any time. It great to have you a few weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to going out there! :) Should be fun. I had to cancel my trips to the Hot Hole a week ago because of some unforseen happenings at work. A great dissapointment to me and to my buddy (Leah... sorry :( ) I'll looking forward to diving with everyone!

Caleb

I'll be there! I'm looking forward to it. The weather has been beautiful, so hopefully we'll have more of the same. We'd love to have some of you folks join us! If you have never been there, Lake Keowee is beautiful, and the area is breathtaking. We have a good time on Bill's boat, too :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom