Air quality testing requirements for compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a personal compressor and gas mixing station, but I operated it like a commercial shop as far as QA is concerned. I did an annual tear down and deep cleaning, and did air quality testing afterwards.
I have a personal compressor as well and I’m curious to know what your tear down and deep cleaning process/procedures were.. would you mind sharing?

Air quality testing is only really valid for a very short time after the test. A compressor's air quality can drop after only a few hours use from when it was deemed okay. For example, filter used for more hours than it should have been used can mean rotten air.

I have a personal compressor as well and I’m curious to know what your tear down and deep cleaning process/procedures were.. would you mind sharing?
I had a Nitrox stick and a bank of bottles I filled with EAN32. I kept the lines clean since I had EAN32 at 4,500 PSI. I tore down all the lines, valves, gauges, etc. Ultrasonic cleaning to O2 standards. Fresh o-rings. Then I got an air quality analysis. Also checked CO levels with every fill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom