Keowee Hot Hole March 31st ?? Anyone want to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah. I've been there lots of times, having grown up in Pickens. It is a good little place.

Caleb

Let me pose a question to those who have gone diving at the hot hole before. I have been told 2 things and wonder which is correct. There are these orange ball like things in the water. I have been told they are fresh water sponges that grow there and I have been told they are biodegradable balls that expand when wet and used to clean out the out flow pipes. So what is the real deal???

I don't know what they are but I noticed two things. 1) they come in different colours, I saw blue, white, and pink. 2) they are SUSPICIOUSLY identical in all respects (other than colour), perfectly spherical, and quite elastic. I'm going to pop one in my BC pocket and check it out on the surface.

Putting objects in the flow pipe doesn't seem logical for cleaning though. My personal opinion is that they are placed there by an as yet unidentified alien intelligence to confuse divers prior to beginning their invasion. I may be wrong.

Just got an email from Bill at Off the Wall a few minutes ago. The only time he can do our charter to the Hot Hole on the 31st is at 9am. Is that going to work for everyone? I know some of you have a long drive. Let me know.

leah:
Just got an email from Bill at Off the Wall a few minutes ago. The only time he can do our charter to the Hot Hole on the 31st is at 9am. Is that going to work for everyone? I know some of you have a long drive. Let me know.

I'm still in! We're driving up from Columbia (about 2.5 hours), but we'll make it. Let's hope this beautiful weather holds out!!

Flightlead:
ok. I'll struggle out of bed to make it too.

I know what you mean! But at least we'll get off the lake at a decent hour to have a hot meal afterwards and get home before too late. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom