Just a question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

You are not properly trained, certified nor appointed as a moderator on this board to tell others to keep their mouth shut.

Please refrain for doing so.

You may however politely ask folks to shut their pie hole if you can find a way to do it with civility.

Thanks.

10-4, UP.

SeaJay once bubbled...
I hope you get run over by a bus. :D
This is totally unacceptable.... let it be known to all reading this thread that death wishes will not be tolerated on Scuba Board even when accompanied by smilies.

SeaJay... second public admonishment (and in such a short time!):shakeno:

Any more of this crap and I will personally lobby for your removal from Scuba Board.

Actually Seajay... I don't have a problem with you presenting things from a DIR standpoint. But, there is no need for name calling... ever! Also, you and Mike seem to be interested in the same type of diving. No wonder you keep running into each other. I would not suggest that either of you go find your own areas... just agree to disagree with all civility.

Uh, Mr Blue... Amen!!! It has been said that DIR is an excellent system which has been lost on many due to the attitudes of those who dive it. The Pugster is a notable exception to this.

Okay, edited.

...But I'm moving this guy to my "ignore list" again. How frustrating to be constantly drilled by this guy, no matter what is said... I mean, I could say, "Hey, the water sure is nice today," and he'd chime in with, "You aren't qualified to know whether the water's nice or not... What sort of credentials do you have?" It's like he's constantly trying to prove that "his is bigger than mine," as someone mentioned above. Why's every debate have to end with this guy's personal attacks?

What, is the dude following me around, just pickin'? Is he that bored?

Whatcha say we get back on-topic? The question was, "What's DIR say about...?" And you, UP, are one of the most qualified people I know to talk about it... Perhaps you'll give us more insight...

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

You are not properly trained, certified nor appointed as a moderator on this board to tell others to keep their mouth shut.

Please refrain for doing so.

You may however politely ask folks to shut their pie hole if you can find a way to do it with civility.

Thanks.

Amen..
Thanks pug.. I was getting tired of this crap.. We have had disagreements on issues in the past but never resorted to the mud slinging that has gone on here..

You acknowledge there is more than 1 side to a coin.. Mike's experiences aren't unique.. I mirror many of his.. I'm not for or against DIR I am for choice... When I teach I present as much of both oposing sides as I can and let the diver make the choice.. For many of the divers I deal with DIR diving is not a real option because many are "working" dives where hammers, hacksaws, crowbars, water dredges (even brocos) ect are needed... and in many instances the most dangerout point is just jumping in the water!

I was going to suggest the section be renamed "Preaching from the Pulpit"

SeaJay,

As they say, it is time to adjust the cotton.

I would rather read Mike's opinion than your's because he has a ton of experience.

Also, I expect that when you get more experience you will realize how foolish it is to argue about DIR on the net. It is a no win proposition (been there, done that).

omar

A guy like Seajay is the reason I don't want to be DIR. A weekend wonder who has taken a DIRF class and now is an expert with all kinds of experience.
I'd dive with MikeF anytime, I would never dive with a SeaJay type. Plus SJ doesn't mind diving alone(he proved that the day of his DIRF class, plus when he did his little 6 knot current swim to test gear) So he'd probably leave me if the s**t hit the fan any way.
Move the cotton SJ.
I'm done with my little rant.
Dive safe

Okay, I'll try to make this short and sweet:

1. I have no interest in any more flames. I like the board, and generally, I think I've got a decent rep on this board. I'd like to keep it that way. I have not added anyone to my "ignore list."

2. Some people that I have a great deal of respect for are expressing the same opinions about this post. I can't understand the opinion, but I'm willing to accept that I can't understand the opinion, instead of thinking, "the opinion's wrong."

3. I will offer a sincere apology to anyone for any reason... Even MikeF... If I've done something wrong. I can't see it, but I'm willing to listen if someone can explain to me what the heck went wrong here. If I've done something wrong... If I've misrepresented myself... If I've "preached..." Well, then I'm sorry. I don't see it that way, but I'm willing to listen if someone will be patient enough to explain it to me.

4. I have no objective to cause any problems with myself and the board, or DIR and the board. If I've said something or done something that's caused people to steer clear of DIR, or to hurt GUE's reputation, or whatever... I certainly did not intend to do that. If I've done something that's caused a "rift" to form between DIR people and non-DIR people, then I sincerely apologize. I certainly do not want to encourage any sort of problem with DIR. Frankly, I'd like to see it promoted. In what little experience I've had with DIR, I've found it to be enlightening and a very positive, learning experience. I thought I was doing good here, and helping to bring it to other people. Apparently, though, that hasn't happened, and I've done more damage than good. If that's the case, then my sincere apologies. It was not my intent to do anything but help.

5. I don't "get it." The way I see it, someone asked, and I gave an answer... Then I was personally attacked. Sure, I got <edit>RAVENC'S</edit> panties in a bunch. We all do that from time to time. My aplogies for that. But I don't see how I am the instigator here... And if someone is willing to share with me that point of view, I'm all ears.

6. Above all, please... No more flames. MikeF, can you and I please get along? Will you please (nicely) tell me what your beef with me is so that I can correct it? I'm really tired of this, man.

7. Can we please go back on-topic and stop making this thread about ME? What the heck did I say to get slammed like this?

I don't see how everyone thinks I took some kind of "pulpit" stand on this... Will someone please explain that to me?

Rec2Tek once bubbled...
A guy like Seajay is the reason I don't want to be DIR.

Sh*t.

Alright, whatever I said, the exact opposite of my intentions has occurred.

I accept full responsibility for this. I don't understand it, but I'm very sorry for it.

I will now keep own mouth shut.

Rec, not all DIR guys are like me. Please don't shoot the establishment just because I said something wrong. Don't let me stand in your way.

I'm very sorry. :(

So he'd probably leave me if the s**t hit the fan any way.

No I wouldn't.

My aplogies to the board for my inflammatory posts. Apparently, I have a lot to learn when it comes to being an ambassador of DIR. This is not at all what I intended.

omar once bubbled...
omar once bubbled...
SeaJay,

Also, I expect that when you get more experience you will realize how foolish it is to argue about DIR on the net. It is a no win proposition (been there, done that).

omar

Fair enough, omar. I wasn't arguing DIR on the 'net, though.

Someone asked, "What does DIR say about redundant bladders," and I gave them an answer. That's all. There was no argument about DIR on the 'net.

From there, I was accused of "preaching." All I did was answer the question. I even preceded it with, "I'm new at this, but here's the answer that I was taught."

I don't understand why y'all see this so differently than I do. Are you guys reading the posts? Would you please explain to me what's going on here?

Rec2Tek once bubbled...

A guy like SeaJay... A weekend wonder who has taken a DIRF class and now is an expert with all kinds of experience.

Okay, firstly, I am not a "weekend wonder." I've got 200+ dives in just a few short months. Sure, it might not be the thousands of dives that others have proclaimed here, but it hardly makes me a "weekend wonder."

No matter, though... Why are my credentials up for review? Someone asked, "What does DIR say," and since I JUST learned the answer to that question, I shared. This isn't, and has never been, about ME.

It doesn't seem like anyone is jumping on the bandwagon to explain this to me. Will someone please? Why such a negative attitude about all of this? Sure, I got testy with MikeF, but that's because of his long-standing history of coming after me. I still don't understand what the problem is, and it's not getting any better if y'all don't talk to me about it.

Hello?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom