July Dine -N- Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be bringing my Drysuit (Jackie just said she'd use her drysuit too). I dont have anything thicker than a 3/2mm wetsuit and I absoutely love diving dry anyways.

I'll be cooking raisin oatmeal cookies to pass around. Does anyone here have some grilling real estate for Jackie and I (we plan to cook burgers)?

yukoneer:
I'll be bringing my Drysuit (Jackie just said she'd use her drysuit too). I dont have anything thicker than a 3/2mm wetsuit and I absoutely love diving dry anyways.

I'll be cooking raisin oatmeal cookies to pass around. Does anyone here have some grilling real estate for Jackie and I (we plan to cook burgers)?

I'm sure we can find you two some.

Jeremy

Okay everyone, just to recap on Saturdays event.

The plan is that if you can, bring one item to be shared by all and passed around. Cookies have been mentioned, Baked Beans too. You know, things like potato salad, slaw, etc. Whatever you're "know for". Watermellon is a good idea too. (Thanks NoFish for the one the last time at the Quarry.)

Main grilling / eating... this event we're going to let each family / person bring their own food & drink. The reason for this is because it is difficult to try and coordinate who brings what, etc. with contingency...
Just everyone bring your own food to grill and drink.

As far as the grilling. I don't know how many grills will make their way out. I don't have a grill so I will have to find some "real estate" on someones grill. Because of this I plan on bringing a bag of charcol to share.

Any idea as to how many grills might make it out? I'm not sure how many of us will be comming out for the Dine-N-Dive. But all will have a Great Time no doubt.

Jeremy

After watching our last movie for probably quite a while, I was told by my significant buddy that tomorrow, Friday, and almost certainly Saturday will be completely allocated to continued packing, and so, there won't be any time for us to do anything (and since packing is best accomplished solo, I should go do something so that I'm not sitting alone making my cats concerned)... so...

It looks like I'll probably head up to Blue Water on Friday, and if she doesn't miraculously finish packing Friday (and I can find a legal parking space to crash for the night), it's looking like I might make the Dine-N-Dive. If I look somewhat distant, despondent, or other d- words, don't worry, it's not DCS, it's just a precursor to BDS (Buddy Distance Syndrome).

I'd say there's about a 75% chance I can make it, and as long as nobody starts talking about Japan and singing a full-harmony rendition of "Leaving on a Jet Plane", a 95% chance I'd be my normal, if somewhat dry, wit. :D

(Hmm... then again, get her to actually call in and do the "when I come back I'll wear..." line, and I'd likely need an extra weight belt, but que sera. :wink:)

I'll bring it along, you can try it out if you like...just rememeber...no peeing in a semi-dry! :)

JKSteger:
Okay everyone, just to recap on Saturdays event.

The plan is that if you can, bring one item to be shared by all and passed around. Cookies have been mentioned, Baked Beans too. You know, things like potato salad, slaw, etc. Whatever you're "know for". Watermellon is a good idea too. (Thanks NoFish for the one the last time at the Quarry.)

Main grilling / eating... this event we're going to let each family / person bring their own food & drink. The reason for this is because it is difficult to try and coordinate who brings what, etc. with contingency...
Just everyone bring your own food to grill and drink.

As far as the grilling. I don't know how many grills will make their way out. I don't have a grill so I will have to find some "real estate" on someones grill. Because of this I plan on bringing a bag of charcol to share.

Any idea as to how many grills might make it out? I'm not sure how many of us will be comming out for the Dine-N-Dive. But all will have a Great Time no doubt.

Jeremy

I'll be bringing a Grill and Beans. Everyone's welcome to share the grill. As long as we have fire, we can cook.

Do I need to bring one of those Ez Up Canopies?

It wouldn't hurt !!!!

the K

My forum search skills seem to be sorely lacking today (they come close to matching Dive Haven's web site at the moment :D)... Could someone refresh my memory on the fees (and they're not one of the greenbacks-only quarries, are they)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom