July Dine -N- Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt, I'm pretty sure they'll let you camp at the quarry.
Just give them a call and tell them you're one of the Looney Birds.
Or better still, e-mail them !!! :wink:

Those things which we take for granted, eh ???

the K

Matt,

I just spoke with James Easley at Dive Haven.

It's a "go" on camping there this weekend.

Keep in mind that the acommodations are still pretty rustic.

the K

Got the suit, will need to trim neck and wrist seals so will accept any expert help offered! Fits great. Got some basic fleece with it and a Bare 5mm hood. Figure with my dive socks and my neoprene boots over the soft boots it has should be enough along with the 5mm gloves I have. Can't wait to try it out!

Mike

The Yellow Angel Fish and I will have plenty of grill space.
Maybe not for everybody, but, hey, we can take turns.

It's off to Wally-World this afternoon !!!

the K

count me in ,i will be there around 9,finally got my tank back from the dive shop,still wouldnt over fill my tank,actualy underfilled it 100 lbs

Jackie and I are here at dive haven. We barely made it in time setting up our tent before the thunderstorm brewed in the area. The storm has passed over us and hopefully the rest of the night's storm-free.

The park's nice. Reminds me of Dutch Springs in bethlehem, pennsylvania.

Can't wait to see you guys come here in the morning :)

We just got back to athens a hour ago. It was nice meeting you all - even though I didn't really catch your names.

I enjoyed the quarry - I have an idea for all of us... lets get a truckload of live zebra mussels and donate it to the quarry. They'd clear up the viz in no time, and when the viz's clear, water will warm up.

Our first 2 dives were in our drysuits, in the water below 30ish feet, it was perfect. Above that we get hot quick. Our 3rd dive, we used wetsuits (3/2mm for I, 5mm for Jackie) and stayed around 20ft, just above the lining of the thermocline and dove over 1 hour. The trick is if someone want to go below 20ft, use a thick wetsuit or a drysuit. Above 20ft, 3/2mm would be fine for most.

All in all, we had a good day and thanks for letting us use the grill and Yellow Angelfish - Jackie ABSOUTELY loves your deviled eggs :). I'm not a fan of deviled eggs, so I didnt try...

Now I have to go and tend to my sunburn :( I hate it that I get red, not tan.

Was a great day! Did the first drysuit dive on the Bare Nex-gen with Kraken's excellent tutalege. Enjoyed it immensely even if I did get an ear ache and couldn't do the second dive I wanted to.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom