I’ve read it all and still need opinions on computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm... good questions. She is pretty much game to whatever I decide. I would prefer us to have the same computer so that we are diving near the same algorithm and I hate to admit it but she is really good on the technical end of computers and such. I could rely (me lazy) on her to do all the Bluetooth syncing and program setups. She wears a decent size Garmin Smartwatch daily so the Peregrine would be in her wheelhouse. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the Peregrine today and it may be growing on me. It’s not ai, though but honestly I don’t know if I really want or need that anyway. I just don’t want to regret not having it in a year or two.

Need AI, no no one needs it. Want maybe, I like mine but it is personal preference. If the peregrine is growing on you go for the perdix. One big selling point for me was user changeable AA battery.

They are expensive but buy once cry once.

Is there a way you can try an AI computer of any sort to see if you want that feature?

Need AI, no no one needs it. Want maybe, I like mine but it is personal preference. If the peregrine is growing on you go for the perdix. One big selling point for me was user changeable AA battery.

They are expensive but buy once cry once.

Is there a way you can try an AI computer of any sort to see if you want that feature?
Supposed to be in coz in two months so maybe there? I would really like to have it dialed in by then so I have it when I go. Now there is another thread going saying you have to take a 250$ test before re-entry into the us. If that’s the case I should of just gone to St.Croix. Too damn bad I bought plane tix already. Frickin covid

The Teric and the Peregrine are the same algorithm....just sayin'.

The Teric and the Peregrine are the same algorithm....just sayin'.
Ha! I don’t know how that would fly if I get the sleek James Bond 1000k watch and she gets... the big 450$ computer. Remember... I am married!

Last year I upgraded from my DeepBlu Cosmiq+ ($350 new) to a used Shearwater Teric AI /w transmitter for $1000, from a user here on SB. A brand-new Peregrine is $450, but they didn't exist at that time. The Peregrine can do any nitrox dive, deco dives with up to 3 tanks with pure O2. So any open-circuit dive without helium.

If I had to do it again today, I'd probably go with the Peregrine, especially if I were buying two. Yeah the AI is "nice," but an extra thousand dollars in my wallet is pretty "nice" too. Yeah, the Teric can do dives that I'm not ready for (tech dives w/ helium in the mix). But it will be a long time before I can do dives the Teric can do but the Peregrine cannot, and for those dives, we're talking a couple hundred bucks per dive for the tank fills alone. Not sure if I'll ever want to cough up for that, even if I do get there some day training-wise.

I'm glad to hear that you're warming up to the form factor of these computers. There's a reason why people say Shearwaters are the best: it's because they are. Enjoy your diving @Grateful head :coffee:

Maybe this needs its own thread but for those of you sticking around this one... how many of you would or did buy your computer online? I would have to do that if I bought the Shearwater which would mean no close technical or warranty support if I needed it. No LDS carry that brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom