Question Iq sub fx-ccr. New chest mount unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on the new fx-ccr subgravity just released? I see it on the website but no real info or reviews yet?

I don't even see it on their website. It's seems CM rigs are all the rage, right now.

I looked at the order page for it on the Sub-Gravity website.

One thing I found to be odd and I would hope would not be an actual limitation:

The unit could not be configured with both a Shearwater Petrel3 AND a NERD2.

You could/can choose one or the other as a controller. But, for example, there is no way to choose a Petrel3 as your controller and then also choose a NERD2 as a monitor. The only monitor options are to use a HUD you already own or to choose a Shearwater HUD.

I would HOPE that that is just a limitation of the Sub-Gravity order page and not an actual limitation of the FX itself. But, I guess it remains to be seen.

In contrast, the Choptima can have a Petrel3 or NERD2 controller and also have a Petrel3 or NERD2 monitor.

You can even have 2 controllers (on the Chop) and plug one into the actual controller port and the other into the monitor port and use it as just a monitor. Thus having the flexibility that if either one dies, you can ensure the working one is plugged into the controller port and replace the other one with the standard Shearwater blinky-light HUD, so you can keep diving. Very handy (in my opinion) for traveling to remote dive destinations.

Now that I know that is possible, I would want any CCR I own to have that same capability. The rEvo cannot and I'll knock it for that - though I can have a Petrel controller and a NERD monitor. They just are not interchangeable, like they are on the Choptima.

I don't believe so, as they have the option to use your own that you already own.

I’ll recommend the Fathom HUD then. That’s what I got for my Kiss Spirit as I didn’t want the hardwired Narked@90 HUD (same as the old Shearwater one). Just had an another 4 pin connector added, which means I could add a Nerd later.

I’ll recommend the Fathom HUD then. That’s what I got for my Kiss Spirit as I didn’t want the hardwired Narked@90 HUD (same as the old Shearwater one). Just had an another 4 pin connector added, which means I could add a Nerd later.
The Fathom is an analog HUD and thus not compatible…

The 4-pin NERD is also analog. But, what I cannot tell is whether the FX CCR's monitor port is a 4-pin analog connection, or if it's a 5-pin DiveCAN connection. Or maybe you have the option to order it either way...?

If it's a 4-pin, then it's definitely "out" for doing like you can with the Chop and run 2 controllers, with one just acting as a monitor.

Oh, and I meant to post this link earlier:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom