Question Iq sub fx-ccr. New chest mount unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The unit could not be configured with both a Shearwater Petrel3 AND a NERD2.

There's a video on SubGravity's Facebook page which breaks down the head and talks about this. You can configure it with both.

I can't find anything about it on their website, can you?

It's literally stamped on the head. I also spoke with one of the lead instructors about it. Check out SubGravity's Facebook and you will see multiple videos about the unit. It's also a brand new unit so it doesn't surprise me it hasn't made it on the website yet.

It's literally stamped on the head. I also spoke with one of the lead instructors about it. Check out SubGravity's Facebook and you will see multiple videos about the unit. It's also a brand new unit so it doesn't surprise me it hasn't made it on the website yet.

I just wanted to see it on their website. I am not in sub gravity's region.

Is this a sub gravity or iqsub product?

I believe iqSub is the manufacturer of the FX, just like they are the manufacturer of the X CCR. Sub Gravity is the US importer/distributor for the iqSub CCRs. I believe.

Any comparaison, between the cmoptima vs the fix-ccr? I’m waiting for couple reviews before jumping into the ccr world!

Any comparaison, between the cmoptima vs the ne fix-ccr? I’m waiting for couple reviews before jumping into the ccr world!

I have a Chop.

Looking at the info on the FX, I like the click-lock setup on the hoses. I like that the sensor tray is easy to pull out. I like that you can order it configured with a needle valve.

But, the REAL litmus test is how it breathes. The Chop breathes awesome. The FX is probably very much the same, but that remains to be seen.

Also, I can have a NERD controller and a Petrel controller for the Chop and plug one in as a monitor and it will work. Very handy for traveling and wanting to have a backup controller in case the primary controller fails. I don't know if that will work on the FX or not.

In the end, it's $700 more than my Chop, when configured exactly the same way as my Chop.

Less money. Breathes great. Works with a controller as monitor. And it is made in north FL - meaning all parts and service are very quick and easy to get (for us in the USA). No regrets on the Chop.

as a meg instructor, I'm laughing my ass off at all the chestmount rebreather options. 5 years ago everyone was adament that you needed to use backmount CL's to avoid chest clutter, now everyone is pushing for cluttering things way beyond a set of counterlungs.

Th
as a meg instructor, I'm laughing my ass off at all the chestmount rebreather options. 5 years ago everyone was adament that you needed to use backmount CL's to avoid chest clutter, now everyone is pushing for cluttering things way beyond a set of counterlungs.
Why would you say backmount is the way to go? I’m curious to hear your opinion as an instructor!

Back
Top Bottom